01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Cameras won't connect. Any help appreciated.

nos707

Morning all,

I'm having some difficulty getting cameras to connect after being unplugged and location changed.

I have tested the cables and they are fine. I currently have three cameras that wont connect.. B140, D140 and DS-2CD2342WD-I. All cameras worked perfectly before being unplugged so I can only guess it's an IP address/admin/password issue.

I have tried manually adding the cameras using the camera IP address (taken from SADP) and even when this matches the address on the NVR (DS-7716NI-I4/16P) It will say 'detecting' or 'connecting' and then I get '!' with no connection.

Any ideas?

"location changed"
Can you please provide a more detailed explanation of before & after?

Hi Phil,

The cameras were installed in one area of the building. They were replaced with domes and I would now like to reinstall these in the offices. They were fully working when fitted, I simply unplugged them 4-5 weeks ago and have now plugged them back in directly to the NVR but in different ports to where they were originally.

If they were previously connected to an NVR the cameras probably still have their old IP addresses.
The addresses that the NVR issued to them.
From its sub-network.
Those addresses may now be used by the cameras that replaced them.

Can you power them separately from the NVR?
e.g. with a POE switch or injector, or a 12 volt DC PSU.

If so, connect and add them to your general LAN.
Scan with SADP.
Issue each in turn with a LAN IP address, then access it with Internet Explorer.
Reset it to factory defaults.

Then, you should be able to connect it afresh to your NVR and have it pick up an NVR sub-network IP address afresh.

Great, thank you i'll give that a try.

*Development
Hikvision support have issued a reset for the password on DS-2CD2342WD-I. I successfully reset the password, and changed the IP address to 192.168.254.30 connected directly to the NVR and it works!

However.. I now want to add it to a switch in another part of the building. The NVR can see the camera over the network, I tried manually adding the IP address but get a message 'No More IP Camera Allowed'. I can see the camera right at the bottom of the list with a + button and shows as 'Active' but I cant add it?

You should not have set the camera's IP address to one in the range of the NVR's sub network if you ultimately wanted to add it to a network switch (not directly plugged in to the NVR).

You should be able to place it where you finally want it.
Scan with SADP.
Find the camera.
Set it to a relevant LAN IP address (if in doubt, tick the DHCP option in SADP and let your router set the IP address initially - then untick and save again).
Then, you should be able to manually add the camera in the NVR's Camera Management list using its new LAN IP address.

Phil, you are incredible!

Thank you so much, you're a genius! I did exactly as you said and up it pops!!

Thank you so much!

No I just need to reset the other two cameras and I'm all set!

Thank you so much again!

You should not have set the camera's IP address to one in the range of the NVR's sub network if you ultimately wanted to add it to a network switch (not directly plugged in to the NVR).

You should be able to place it where you finally want it.
Scan with SADP.
Find the camera.
Set it to a relevant LAN IP address (if in doubt, tick the DHCP option in SADP and let your router set the IP address initially - then untick and save again).
Then, you should be able to manually add the camera in the NVR's Camera Management list using its new LAN IP address.

Phil, you are truly genius!!
Phil - you helped me out too on this solution too.
Just to add for anyone having issues with initial device setup:
The one thing missing from the Hikvision website documentation was how to initially connect to reset the password once it initially joins the LAN (apologies if I've missed this, and I stand corrected).
Secondly, if you have any other Hikvision devices with the factory assigned IP address (192.168.1.64), you would have to assign a new IP address to the new device using the SADP tool.

Back