01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Can I still see Motion / Events / Alarms in the timeline if I am recording 'Continuous'?

virdi

Hi all,

So I think this feature is called 'Live Guard'? But I am not sure.

I am recording 'Continuous' ....but is it possible for me to see when the Motion, intrusion or line crossing alerts in the Time Line when I playback?

I have tried to set this up - But all I see is 'blue' during playback' on the Time Line

Thanks

Hi @virdi

Are you viewing the playback on a direct HDMI monitor or are you looking at it in the browser?

Ok, unfortunately, the event markers on the playback timeline are not available when accessing the playback from Hik-Connect or the browser. They did use to be supported but Hikvision removed the feature because they claimed it was impacting browser stability, the only way to events in the timeline now would be to record by event rather than continuous.

If you wanted to continue recording continuously you would have to set up event notifications to be notified of events and this would either give you a notification with a small clip of the event or you can take the time stamp for the event trigger and navigate to that in the continuous playback.

Back