01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Can't log into camera basic settings with ivms4200?

Calvinder

Hello all
I have been running this system for years.
Cams DS-2CD2041G1-IDW1 Firmware V5.5.82 build 190130
NVR Ds-7608ni-k2/8p Firmware Version: 4.30.005build200628
ivms4200 3.7.1.5
I recently moved and had to re configure the cameras for the new internet connection.
I connected them to the router and found them with SADP and ivms4200 and got them online. My problem is even though I can get the online when I try to go into the basic settings all I get is

Access Error: 404 -- Not Found​

Can't locate document: /notSupported.asp

The strange thing is is one of the cameras I was able to get into settings until I unplugged the ethernet cable to move it and now I can't.
I even set one to factory settings and have it back on line but with no luck.

I hope someone can help

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Hello all
I have been running this system for years.
Cams DS-2CD2041G1-IDW1 Firmware V5.5.82 build 190130
NVR Ds-7608ni-k2/8p Firmware Version: 4.30.005build200628
ivms4200 3.7.1.5
I recently moved and had to re configure the cameras for the new internet connection.
I connected them to the router and found them with SADP and ivms4200 and got them online. My problem is even though I can get the online when I try to go into the basic settings all I get is

Access Error: 404 -- Not Found​

Can't locate document: /notSupported.asp

The strange thing is is one of the cameras I was able to get into settings until I unplugged the ethernet cable to move it and now I can't.
I even set one to factory settings and have it back on line but with no luck.

I hope someone can help

Thanks in advance
If you have the cameras connected to the ports on the rear of the NVR, you shouldn't have needed to do anything at all with the cameras. They don't need to match your network as they are addressed using plug and play (by default) to match the NVRs 'camera' network with addresses starting 192.168.254.xxx. So if you have them connected to the NVR directly and have set the addresses to match your LAN (192.168.0.xxx or 192.168.1.xxx) then that is the cause of your problem, as cameras connected to the NVR ports cannot use the same subnet as the NVR. All that was needed was to set the NVR network settings to match your new router.

Hi JB Thanks for the input.
They have always been connected via wifi.
The only time they are connected with the Ethernet is for setup.
I was going to try connecting them to the NVR to see if that would solve the problem. And then change it back. In my case I need them to work over wifi.
Also I have used two of the cameras in a different location with no NVR and all I ever did was set them up via ethernet. Then could accesses the settings via ivms4200

Last edited:
Hi JB Thanks for the input.
They have always been connected via wifi.
The only time they are connected with the Ethernet is for setup.
I was going to try connecting them to the NVR to see if that would solve the problem. And then change it back. In my case I need them to work over wifi.
Also I have used two of the cameras in a different location with no NVR and all I ever did was set them up via ethernet. Then could accesses the settings via ivms4200
Ok understood - in that case the cameras would need to match your local network details as you've set them.

And they do. I can see them on Hikvision and ivms4200. I can see the live view and playback. The only thing that does not work is accessing the settings.

Back