01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

ColorVU DS-2CD2047G2-L Smart event "Threshold(s)" problem?

alfaclvi

Gives a lot of help
Trusted Member
ColorVu DS-2CD2047G2-L in all Smart Events has a setting for Threshold time. As described in Help: "Threshold Range [0-10]s. The threshold for the time of the object loitering in the region. If you set the value as 0, alarm is triggered immediately after the object entering the region"

By setting Threshold to 0 seconds, the event is NOT triggered immediately but is always triggered 3 to 5 seconds delayed and most of the times the target is gone.

This happens on all Firmwares since the day I bought the camera.
Now the camera is on firmware V5.7.12 build 221201 but problem still exists

ColorVu DS-2CD2047G2-L in all Smart Events has a setting for Threshold time. As described in Help: "Threshold Range [0-10]s. The threshold for the time of the object loitering in the region. If you set the value as 0, alarm is triggered immediately after the object entering the region"

By setting Threshold to 0 seconds, the event is NOT triggered immediately but is always triggered 3 to 5 seconds delayed and most of the times the target is gone.

This happens on all Firmwares since the day I bought the camera.
Now the camera is on firmware V5.7.12 build 221201 but problem still exists
I also have the same camera model and it only has firmware bugs, I have never experienced anything like this with any Hikvision camera until now, the camera is set to record on sv nas and when the hard drive is full, the camera does not know how to overwrite the hard drive with all as it is set in the settings, I'm starting to regret that I bought this camera model, the first colorvu model didn't do that, I changed the previous model thinking that this G5 is better

Attachments

• hikvision camera nas error .jpg
    hikvision camera nas error .jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 132
Firmware now at V5.7.13 build 230504 but Smart Events alarm is NOT triggered immediately after the object entering the region, when threshold is set to 0 seconds. Delay is again 3 to 5 seconds for all Smart Events. Motion Detection on the other hand is instant

I have been experiencing similar 5 second delay issues recently. Sometimes the delay is even longer!
The difference for me is I have the older 2347G2 (non C) models and a 2366G2(C) which are all behaving the same with intrusion detection and line crossing. All have the latest firmware installed.

The common denominator is the NVR so I restarted it and if anything its now slightly worse? Now the delay is so long, the target has left the area before recording begins.
I was putting it down to a possible wi-fi delay issue but a reboot of the router made no difference either. Very strange?

I'm using Hik-Connect v5.2.4 and I've just checked and the latest version is 5.3.0 so I am installing it to see if it makes a difference.

Last edited:
Hi
The problem for me and 2047G2(C) started before connecting to my new NVR. This was on all versions of iVMS4200. Motion detection alarm was always instant but all smart events had this 5 sec delay for alarm. I repeat that Threshold is set to 0 (zero) and smart event alarm should be instant. At the beggining I also believed that this was a network issue but checked on 4 different routers different IP's and problem remains the same.
The problem was also not solved when I connected the camera on my new DS-7608NXI-K2 NVR. New problems appeared with pre-record times and missing targets from events. I cannot understand why they insist not fixing the issue.
Now firmware is V5.7.13 build 230703 but the problem is exactly the same

- Firmware is V5.7.14 build 231028 but the 3 to 5 seconds delay problem remains unsolved for smart events. They just do not want to solve

-Drawed area in Smart Events - Intrusion detection gives an alarm, but same drawed area in Region Entrance detection does not give an alarm under exactly same setting without Threshold option(Seems like sensitivity is different)
-Privacy mask remains BLACK while it could be pixelated same way with Privacy Mask included in VSPlayer toolbox
-ROI remains a quadrilateral rectangle while it could be a convex quadrilateral or a convex decagon

Privacy mask and ROI is of great importance nowadays because of GDPR

About the delay here are some similar older posts:

Can someone please explain what the below "New features" mean for V5.7.14 build 231028

Modify Function
1. Fix the problem of missing alarms of perimeter events: unable to identify the target when the
target is from far to near
2. Fix the problem of the camera continuously sending heartbeat packets to port 40041

Where do they find this kind of problems?

Last edited:
It means that the firmware update hopefully resolves issues that some people have experienced (under certain conditions) with the two features mentioned.

Thanks Phil for your reply

I suppose the phrase "when the target is from far to near" means "when the target moves towards camera from far to near". Never had this kind of issue. Only alarm delays on smart events. For example, someone moves from far to near the camera, goes under the camera on "blind" spot, but the alarm occurs only when he is under the camera and we cannot see him(3 to 5 seconds delay). This is the major issue with those cameras and does not exist on any other brandt, even the cheapest ones

This is the major issue with those cameras and does not exist on any other brandt, even the cheapest ones
I think that's just down to your recorder firmware as you've previously described. I'm not disputing that issue and agree that on the NXI-K recorders, pre alarm does not affect playback and you simply see the event played from the moment of trigger. The G5 cameras work fine on Hik-Connect both in standalone mode and when connected to an NVR, in that altering the pre alarm time dictates where the clip plays back from (at least on the Hik-Connect app)

I think that's just down to your recorder firmware as you've previously described. I'm not disputing that issue and agree that on the NXI-K recorders, pre alarm does not affect playback and you simply see the event played from the moment of trigger. The G5 cameras work fine on Hik-Connect both in standalone mode and when connected to an NVR, in that altering the pre alarm time dictates where the clip plays back from (at least on the Hik-Connect app)

As mentioned back in July, I have been experiencing a 5 second delay, more of a frustration than an issue. Your mention of pre-alarm time got me thinking.

I have delved into the 'M' series firmware to check the pre record settings (I assumed it to be 10 sec by default), and noticed 'Pre Record' is set to 5 sec and 'Record Delay' is also set to 5 sec (neither has been set by me).

Of course the help file is useless as there are NO help notes for the Advanced Parameters, and now wondering if one parameter is conflicting with the other.

New Bitmap Image (2).jpg

As mentioned back in July, I have been experiencing a 5 second delay, more of a frustration than an issue. Your mention of pre-alarm time got me thinking.

I have delved into the 'M' series firmware to check the pre record settings (I assumed it to be 10 sec by default), and noticed 'Pre Record' is set to 5 sec and 'Record Delay' is also set to 5 sec (neither has been set by me).

Of course the help file is useless as there are NO help notes for the Advanced Parameters, and now wondering if one parameter is conflicting with the other.

View attachment 10092
Previously Pre Record and Post Record were always set to 10 and 30 seconds respectively by default. These 2 values should dictate the recording clip duration before and after the event trigger and would be used when recording by event rather than continuous. I used to set Pre to 0 and Post to the minimum allowable when using continuous recording, as the Smart playback of the NVR used to add a 5 second run in to the event automatically in Smart playback regardless of the Pre setting (Event Playback may have respected the settings) I now use 5 seconds Pre, as this gets added before the trigger when viewing Hik-Connect clips)

Record Delay is likely to just be a renaming of Post Record. I’d not noticed that change but will check mine. The previous descriptor made more sense. There does occasionally seem to be a little Chenglish in the UI’s and Help files…

Edit: Confirmed. The parameter is 'Post Record' and remains the same in the local GUI, it's just been renamed to 'Record Delay' if you access the same parameter via web browser.

Last edited:
Thanks for the comprehensive explanation which makes perfect sense.
Yep... 'Record Delay' is confusing (why change its description?). I remember the previous NVR had pre and post record which is why I was thinking, after seeing that param last night, the delay param may be what was causing the delay.

Hi JB
This delay also happens on IVMS4200 even before adding the NXI NVR. The delay only concerns Smart Events and not Motion Detection. Seems like Threshold setting doesnt work for Intrusion Detection but also the Region Entrance and Line Crossing have exactly the same problem. 3-5 seconds delay.
I start thinking that if not many others have a similar issue, this could be a faulty board. But the truth is that the green target box is highlight from the first millisec entering the area, while the area box delays to become red and also the alarm sound is not heard but only after 3-5 secs.
I mentioned that a similar issue exists on NVR on "Pre-Record"time or whatever it should be called for Continuous recording
About the problem that was mentioned by lanc, Continue Recording does not have Pre or Post Record times. The nomenclature is wrong. This should be called Event Start and Event Stop.
About those Event Start and Stop there is no setting inside NVR settings. This means that it is something prefixed that we cannot adjust.
As we have discussed before, when only Event recording the Pre and Post timings are perfect on both Colovu sdcard and NXI NVR harddisk
Have a look at my links above. There are many people having similar issues, but I start to believe that it is faulty boards. There was also a guy that called Hikvision Support, they connected with his camera, they saw the problen but they could not understand why this was happening.
I am very dissapointed with both ColorVu G5 platform and 7608NXI-K accusense
I also want to mention that I had an offer for a Hybrid 2047G2H. I told them that i didn't want this if this new model has the same issue. I will receive this next week, but if same problem still exist, I will send this back. This new Hybrid 2047G2H EF uses exactly the same firmware with my old one 2047G2 G5

Last edited:
And yet another question to Phil or JB
There is an option in Configuration System settings VCA Resource to change camera from Smart Event to Monitor.
Is there any possibility that this will solve delay issue at least in Live View of IVMS and NXI NVR?
And if it does, will the camera be able after that, to support VCA smart events that would also be recorded, all of them by the NVR?
Maybe I am not able to explain what the main problem with this camera is. This problem is obvious for me mainly in Live View and then on NVR recordings

Last edited:
New DS-2CD2047G2H-LIU
I would like to write a new post for this camera, but I think there is no reason since, other than infrared illumination, there is no difference.
This means there is also no difference in issues.
-Same delay again on smart events, the zero (0) set on Threshold means again 3 to 5 seconds of delay.
I began again to believe that there is a problem on my network, possibly cables, possibly router, possibly sd card, possibly hikconnect servers etc.
But doing a search I found this video from DVSLTD Dave:
which shows exactly the same problem of mine at 35:27 to 35:48 and at 36:54 to 36:59 which is more realistic since 50% of Dave's body is inside the intrusion region for 5 seconds . The phrase "not triggered yet" is my same issue.
Possible problem is lighting as I understand from "area quite dark". But same issue happens even if area is not so dark.
If you look at the Intrusion Detection region 1 settings at 32:05 you notice that the Threshold is set at 2(sec), sensitivity at 50% of Dave body and Basic validity.
Possibly these 3 or more seconds of delay is the Basic validity processing time. But it should be mentioned on settings.
And again Region Entrance and Region Exit delay are worse and some times target is detected but never gives an alarm.
In the other hand, Motion detection is instant for this one camera too.

-Privacy mask remains BLACK and ugly, while it could be pixelated same way with Privacy Mask included in VSPlayer toolbox

-ROI remains a quadrilateral rectangle while it could be a convex quadrilateral or a convex decagon and there is only one area(don't know which cameras have more)

-SD card does not record VCA data

-Infrared is very usefull if car headlights or strong cool white street lights, or neighbours cool white lamps blind your camera.

Last edited:
which shows exactly the same problem of mine at 35:27 to 35:48 and at 36:54 to 36:59 which is more realistic since 50% of Dave's body is inside the intrusion region for 5 seconds . The phrase "not triggered yet" is my same issue.
Possible problem is lighting as I understand from "area quite dark". But same issue happens even if area is not so dark.
If you look at the Intrusion Detection region 1 settings at 32:05 you notice that the Threshold is set at 2(sec), sensitivity at 50% of Dave body and Basic validity.
I'm not seeing the issue you describe in the video. When Ahmet says 'not triggered yet', about 45% of Dave's body is within the defined area (that would require a sensitivity of 55 to trigger). Once he moves forward so that more than 50% is within the zone, it goes red and triggers after the threshold.

PS: @alfaclvi I'm not disputing that you may be seeing an issue with your setup, just that I haven't seen it. I don't use intrusion myself but if I get chance will set one of mine up to see whether I can replicate what you see

Hi JB. Thanks for reply
Yes thats true for the first part, thats why I mentioned "and at 36:54 to 36:59 which is more realistic since 50% of Dave's body is inside the intrusion region for 5 seconds". First part is less body but none of them mentions on this video. They talk about darkness. Anyway, first or second part, this is the problem I have exactly same setup but sensitivity is at 100% and Threshold 0.
I am sorry I cannot upload any video. Should have done this before installing on wall and testing inside home

Anyway, first or second part, this is the problem I have exactly same setup but sensitivity is at 100%.
So if you set at 100% sensitivity, as soon as any part of a valid target (human between the minimum and maximum sizes defined) crosses the border of the intrusion zone, the threshold timer should commence. If the threshold is zero, it should trigger immediately.
I am sorry I cannot upload any video.
Just screenshot the preview window that's showing the intrusion zone and min/max boxes.

Hi
I've got the same problem. Treshold set to zero but I've got 5 sec delay when come from corner camera. Also with a colorvu with G5 model.

Back