01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision AX Pro Alarm & Network Cameras Triggering Alarm Sensitivity Issue?

I recently installed the AX PRO Alarm System (DS-PWA64-L-WE) along with five DS-2CD2387G2-LSU/SL cameras.

I have connected the AX Pro to three of my cameras using its network camera option.

When I activate my alarm and walk into the view of one of my cameras, the alarm system triggers, as expected. This is fantastic because I want my Hikvision cameras to work seamlessly with my Hikvision AX Pro alarm system when I set the alarm to either "away" or "home" mode. I prefer not to rely on a schedule since I may go out into the garden or to the side of my house at random hours. Having the ability for the cameras and alarm system to cooperate is truly remarkable.

However, one of my cameras seems to trigger the alarm whenever a fox or a cat enters my garden. What's even stranger is that this event isn't registered as an event on my NVR. I have configured my cameras on my NVR to send me alerts when a person enters the garden, and that feature works as expected. When someone enters the garden, it triggers an event that I can later review. But when I activate my alarm system and a fox enters, I do not receive that triggered event on my NVR for that specific camera. Instead, it's only the AX Pro system that registers this event, triggering the alarm. It's only when I playback the camara footage, I can see the fox entering my garden when the alarm was triggered.

I've attempted to adjust the camera's "Smart Events" and "Intrusion Detection" settings by lowering the threshold and sensitivity, but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

I watched a video tutorial (
) that demonstrates how straightforward it's supposed to be. Is there something I'm overlooking, or is there another setting I can modify to resolve this issue?

Solution
Sorry for the delay in responding.

Could you please double-check that you don't have Motion Detection enabled on any of the cameras or on the NVR in Event>Basic Event>Motion Detection?

I think that the notifications are coming from the camera via the hub - we've taken a look at our DS-PWA64-L-WE with the same firmware, and the "motion detection alarm" notifications you're getting definitely look like the ones you get when motion detection is triggered on the camera, and not intrusion detection like shown in the attached screenshots.

It's worth updating the NVR to V4.63.020_230808 (download link at the bottom of the page), on the off-chance this helps.
Hi @HikVisionEnthusiast - it's definitely a strange one!

What firmware versions are you using on the DS-PWA64-L-WE, cameras and NVR, please?

Do you have several events enabled on that camera?

It's also worth wiping / reconfiguring the intrusion detection settings, and then rebooting all devices, if you haven't done so already.

Upvote 0
Hi @Kyle,

Thanks for answering my post.

My cameras were on firmware version - V5.7.13 230504, I've now upgraded them to V5.7.13_230706

The NVR (DS-7608NI-M2 / 8P) is on firmware version - V4.61.410 build 221020

The AX Pro(DS-PWA64-L-WE) is on V1.2.9 build 230711

I have now wiped the intrusion detection settings and reconfigured the camera with new setting.

I have also restarted everything.

I will test it out tonight and let you know the results tomorrow. Thanks

Upvote 0
@Kyle Unfortunately, I had no joy. I had several "Motion Detection" alarms last night: one was triggered by a neighbour's floodlight, one by a squirrel, and another by a bird in my garden.

I've attached an image showing the intrusion settings and another image displaying the 'Motion Detection' Alarm.

Just to note, the camera's events show nothing for the three alarms that were triggered last night, I can only see the 3 "motion detection" alarm's occurred through the main notification button.

I'm just wondering if it's an issue with the camera settings or if it's a bug with the AX Pro alarm system

Thanks

Attachments

• Notification.jpg
    Notification.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 135
  • Shed Settings.jpg
    Shed Settings.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 139
Upvote 0

Could you please double-check that you don't have Motion Detection enabled on any of the cameras or on the NVR in Event>Basic Event>Motion Detection?

I think that the notifications are coming from the camera via the hub - we've taken a look at our DS-PWA64-L-WE with the same firmware, and the "motion detection alarm" notifications you're getting definitely look like the ones you get when motion detection is triggered on the camera, and not intrusion detection like shown in the attached screenshots.

It's worth updating the NVR to V4.63.020_230808 (download link at the bottom of the page), on the off-chance this helps.

Attachments

• AX Pro Camera Alarms 3.png
    AX Pro Camera Alarms 3.png
    336.1 KB · Views: 128
  • AX Pro Camera Alarms 2.png
    AX Pro Camera Alarms 2.png
    320.7 KB · Views: 124
  • AX Pro Camera Alarms 1.png
    AX Pro Camera Alarms 1.png
    322.1 KB · Views: 132
Upvote 1
Solution

Thanks, I did have the Basic Event > Motion Detection > Enable Motion Detection and Enable Dynamic Analysis for Motions options ticked, I have deselected both of those options and updated the NVR to V4.63.020 build 230808

I'll give it a go tonight and update

Upvote 0
Good morning, @Kyle! It seems like the solution you provided has resolved the issue. I'll be conducting additional tests and will provide an update to confirm its effectiveness.

This does raise a question: how should I configure my cameras when the alarm isn't activated? I would still like to receive notifications for human detection events for the shed camera.

Upvote 0
Good morning, @Kyle! It seems like the solution you provided has resolved the issue. I'll be conducting additional tests and will provide an update to confirm its effectiveness.

This does raise a question: how should I configure my cameras when the alarm isn't activated? I would still like to receive notifications for human detection events for the shed camera.
for the camera to send notifications to your app [independent of Ax Pro] will depend on the method of detection you choose. If you set up the detection parameter as you have & lhave "Send to Surveillence Centre" enabled under Linkage Action, plus Push Notifications Enabled in Hik-Connect, this should work for you. [1x method]
However the Camera in question i believe is a "3-in-1", therefore includes the Live Guard feature? .......................... Now i am still getting my head around this feature. I believe you configure the Cameras Light & Audible settings under Event of NVR, set the smart detection parameters of the camera in the NVR, but you set NOTHING but the "trigger record" in the Linkage Action [so no Surveillence Centre of Enable the Light/Audible Alarm]
In the App, the tap Siren looking Icon just below your NVR, this is where you turn Live Guard On/Off [arm/disarm]. Default all cameras are Area 1. if you tap on the Area, Locate your Camera & open the Arrow ....................... this is where you turn On/Off the light/Audible feature if desired.

To be honest, this feature works for me when it feels like it, at random. I'm not sure if its because i have a mixed bag of Cameras etc or what the caper is. But it is Certainly entertaining when my cat triggers an Intrusion Detection of a Gen 1 ColorVu Camera at the front of my house & the Light Starts Flashing on a Live Guard Camera in my Office {inside the house] .................................................. and there is not setting, parameter set anywhere that points to either camera to activate anything
Gremlins maybe [dare not feed them after midnight]

Upvote 0
Also, thought i would point out [for awareness & for others] how the Sensitivity & Threshold parameters work.
In your picture the Sensitivity value is 30 & Threshold is at 1.

When an Object is detected moving toward the detection area, a Green Box surrounds the Object.
The Green Box needs to be Larger than your "Minimum" size & Smaller than your "Maximum" size indicated for object to be valid.

Now the Sensitivity Scale is directly proportional the Green Box [Object], where the Green Box is Equal to 100 on the Sensitivity Scale.
You have set the Scale to "30", therefore to Trigger an Event "70%" of the Green Box [Object], Must Cross Over Inside the Detection Area, thus the Remaining "30%" of the Green Box/Object [70+30=100] is equal to the Scale Setting does not need to cross over & therefore is a Low Sensitivity.
The Opposite of this, for example, the Scale is set to 90, then only 10% of the Object/Green Box needs to cross over inside the Detection Area to trigger the event, hence High Sensitivity

"Threshold" ............... we have a Scale of 1-10, but of exactly what we have 1-10 of .......... I can't be sure, we can only speculate.
For all intentions, lets assume the Scale is 1-10 seconds & you have your Threshold set to "1 Second"

Including the Threshold to the above Sensitivity equasion ...........................
70% of the Green Box must Cross Over Inside the Detection Area & Remain Inside for a Minimum of 1 Second ................. For an Event to Trigger [Record & therefore notify you]

With this in mind, is it plausible to assume that 70% of the Fox may not have entered & remained within the Detection Area for presumably 1x Second?
Could this be the reason the event went undetected?

o
Sens_Thresh.jpg

Upvote 0
Sorry to hijack. I'm reading several threads etc. Trying to determine if the live guard cameras are necessary if having a ax pro alarm installed ?

1. How do you have it set up for when you are at home or weekends in gardens etc would cameras be going off and notifications or just leaving and coming back from work etc?

2.Can it work with geo fencing or something to know its my family and not an intruder?

3. If having ax pro is there a point in the live guard cameras? And just have normal?

4. Can liveguard be unset when alarm unarmed is when home but still record and notify detection?

5. Lastly when left would it trigger for like delivery people mail people etc?

6. I can see its great for commercial but will it work with everyday living at domestics homes

Upvote 0
Good morning gentlemen,

Sorry for the language, I'm Brazilian and I'm using a translator.

I had the same problem as our friend @HikVisionEnthusiast, I managed to solve it with @Kyle help.

But now when you deactivate "basic event > motion detection" the camera (2CD-2043G2-I) does not record on the memory card when it detects movement.

How to solve this problem?

When activating the "basic event" false alarms appear and when deactivating recording on the memory card it does not work.

Upvote 0
Back