01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Copy camera settings to a new camera?

fullboogie

Expert
Trusted Member
I've got two more 2355 cameras coming in, because having two empty camera channels is killing me lol. Is there a way to copy all camera parameters from one of my current cameras to the two new cameras once hooked up to POE channels 7 and 8 and activated?

I see that under the camera's config --> maintenance page, under the heading "information export", there is a click box for "device parameters." That seems to generate an Excel spreadsheet file. Where would I go to load that file up to the new cameras? Further down that same page is a heading called "Import config file" and a click box to browse for device parameters, but when experimenting with that function it does not like the Excel file created and says something like "invalid file." Any help is appreciated.

Hikvision PTZ cameras
Try saving the export file as a .csv

I just checked and it is, indeed, saving in an xls format. And upon opening that xls file I just noticed it has headings, but no camera data in it. Weird.

You're saying that when I save the parameters the NVR will give me the option to save as a csv file? If so I'll give it another try. Thanks for the response.

Last edited:
Not really an 'option' just type .csv at the end of your file name before saving it

Phil,

I am not given the option to change the extension to .csv before saving it. It saves in .xls format no matter what. And as before, there are headings and no information in the document. See pics below. This is if I save the IP Camera parameters from the NVR config-->system-->maintenance page. If I try to save parameters from an actual camera web interface, it saves a document called "configuration data" with no file extension and nothing I have will open it. (No idea why the language is indicated as Chinese - these are legit products from an authorized US dealer).

v1loqnO.jpg

O6JiNwS.jpg

Last edited:
If I try to save parameters from an actual camera web interface, it saves a document called "configuration data" with no file extension and nothing I have will open it. (No idea why the language is indicated as Chinese - these are legit products from an authorized US dealer).
Save from the camera's web interface.
Type .csv at the end of the file name before saving.
The demo camera here that I used saved as Chinese too.
When viewed with MS Excel it appears as gobbledegook/garbage.

Back