01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Do modern Hikvision cameras have Autofocus?

Batfin

Sorry if this is a stupid question, my old house had acti cameras which I had to manually adjust the focus on the camera with an included tool (which wasn’t fun when up a ladder trying to watch its live view on a phone to focus it!), I’ve moved house and am planning on putting newer cameras up, is manually focusing the image still a thing on modern Hikvision cameras, or do they all have autofocus now?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, my old house had acti cameras which I had to manually adjust the focus on the camera with an included tool (which wasn’t fun when up a ladder trying to watch its live view on a phone to focus it!), I’ve moved house and am planning on putting newer cameras up, is manually focusing the image still a thing on modern Hikvision cameras, or do they all have autofocus now?
Newer Hikvision varifocal IP cameras have motorized varifocal lenses. They can be configured for manual, automatic or semi automatic focus in the menu. Some of the older dome style models had manually adjustable zoom/focus. Similarly for HDTVi (analogue HD) cameras; focus is motorized. Older models had independent motorized zoom and focus; the newer ones auto focus with zoom. Either way you can do this from the NVR, browser or phone app without the need to access the camera.

Back