01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Moved into a new house - how do the previous system owners unbind my Hikvision system please?

Antoniajayne15

I don't know if you'lll be able to help but I've purchased a house that has hikvision installed. The app has let me set up LAN connection and Hik vision have sent me the file to reset the password which I've done but the app is still bound to someone else's account - the original installers of the cctv which were not our direct sellers. I can only view the cameras when I am at home and connected to the wifi and do not get any motion detection alerts etc.

I have installed SADP and it just says failed when I try to unbind and I can't do it via the app either.

The new owners have a new system set up at their new property and when they unbind they just unbind from their new system... old system doesn't show up for them.

Please help!

The new owners have a new system set up at their new property and when they unbind they just unbind from their new system... old system doesn't show up for them.
If they unbind on their system (the DVR/NVR), it will just unbind that specific device as you've mentioned (their new system). They need to login to their Hik-Connect account in a web browser at www.hik-connect.com. There they will see a list of devices that are associated with that account and can simply click the 'delete' icon. If when they go to that page online they are only seeing their new system, it may be that the previous system (now yours) was added to a different Hik-Connect account with a previous e mail address or phone number perhaps. See below:

Screenshot 2023-08-12 at 18.44.54.png

I have installed SADP and it just says failed when I try to unbind
I'm sure I read somewhere on this forum that unbind in SADP only works on newer systems (though I can't confirm that)

You can try to upgrade to latest FW, reboot and then go into adding to your account. You must be on same network. Last step will tell you on what account the device is added. You will have button to unbind it. Hope it will help you.

If you have older device you won't be able to unbind it. Hikvision made some mess this platform's, only they can unbind it.

Explanation from them :

due to security reason, for device which add to EZVIZ cloud, we stop the self-unbind for the device, which protocol is V1.7, for device which protocol is V2.0, customer could still unbind by himself.

2、 How to determine whether the access protocol of the device is 1.7 or 2.0?

Back-end devices:

NVR:GUI4.0 from V4.1.60,GUI3.0 latest from V3.4.111, update the access protocol to 2.0

DVR:From GUI 4.0,the access protocol update to 2.0

Front-end devices:

Since the version of 2018-2019, the device access protocol has been upgraded to 2.0

Access control intercom:

The access protocol of the second-generation intercom equipment is 2.0

Explanation from them :

due to security reason, for device which add to EZVIZ cloud, we stop the self-unbind for the device, which protocol is V1.7, for device which protocol is V2.0, customer could still unbind by himself.

2、 How to determine whether the access protocol of the device is 1.7 or 2.0?

Back-end devices:

NVR:GUI4.0 from V4.1.60,GUI3.0 latest from V3.4.111, update the access protocol to 2.0

DVR:From GUI 4.0,the access protocol update to 2.0

Front-end devices:

Since the version of 2018-2019, the device access protocol has been upgraded to 2.0

Access control intercom:

The access protocol of the second-generation intercom equipment is 2.0
Very helpful info - I knew I'd read it somewhere, I think I remember you posting this previously. Effectively all DVR's with the old V3 GUI will have the old protocol. I had this issue myself where another installer had bound a V3 DVR to his own Hik-Connect account and shared it to the owner/end user. My supplier couldn't explain why I was unable to unbind even after a resetting with xml file. I scrapped it in the end and put a new DVR in. I could've saved myself a few hours head scratching had I known!

Yeah, you don't have to much options. When you look at that, you need to change working device because of something very "stupid".

Back