01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Dome camera spots on lens and too much cleaning and maintenance due to spots on the lens- how to eliminate spots permanently?

caretaker

Hi Guys,
I have the Dome camera and the one at the back where it is very dark, as it is Alleyway, the camera gets spots and the visibility is not that clear. I was told this happens due to infra red giving off heat and causing spots on the lens and the visibility is not clear as it should and lot of regular cleaning to do due to white spots appears. I wish i went for Turret camera to avoid this issue. My front dome camera is ok, as i dont have any issue, as i live on the main road and the road lightning might be helping and not using much of the IR light, so no white spots on this camera. It is only happening on the rear of the property and 2 dome camera i am having issue.

I have temporarily added some some sponge around the IR and it has helped, image is better, but may be the infra red may have reduce due to covering the sponge and reduce the white spots. I still do get white spots.

so what is the permanent solution or what else i can do.

Many thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_6655- high.jpg
    IMG_6655- high.jpg
    775.6 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_6653- highlighted.jpg
    IMG_6653- highlighted.jpg
    770.3 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_6650.jpg
    IMG_6650.jpg
    575.7 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_6651.jpg
    IMG_6651.jpg
    696.2 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_6652.jpg
    IMG_6652.jpg
    729.1 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_6653.jpg
    IMG_6653.jpg
    639.8 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_6655.jpg
    IMG_6655.jpg
    636.5 KB · Views: 175
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @caretaker

Do you have any screenshots of the IR image the camera is producing? Seeing the image you are actually getting will help us identify if there are any options to improve the image or if it is just the limitation of the dome camera.

Hi Dan,
Please see attached. Camera 1 is ok, as this is Dome, but the Camera 6 and Camera 7 is the problem.
camera 1.PNG

Attachments

• camera 6 daylight.PNG
    camera 6 daylight.PNG
    234.2 KB · Views: 155
  • camera 6.PNG
    camera 6.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 165
  • camera 6-a.PNG
    camera 6-a.PNG
    174.4 KB · Views: 169
  • camera 7.PNG
    camera 7.PNG
    841.2 KB · Views: 196
Ok, yes this IR reflection off dust/dirt/moisture on & inside the lens. Unfortunately, this is an issue with most dome cameras as the IR LEDs are under the same dome as the lens.

Most turret models avoid this by separating the IR LEDs behind a separate window to the lens.

Hi Dan,
These Dome camera are pain, needs more cleaning and maintaining and after few weeks it just goes back to as it was before White spots, Glare and the image is not so good at Night.
I will have to use it until it breakdown and buy a turret camera.

I have the Dome camera at the front of the property and had no issue, it is just the rear camera i am having issue. During the day it is fine ,Only at Nighttime.

I have the Small Bullet camera and this is ok.

Back