01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Door Entry Door Intercom & iPhone - If the app is closed (still running, but closed), the phone will not ring?

Lectrician

Hi.

I have installed a DS-K8003 door station with an internal screen. The internal screen connects to the Hik-Connect cloud. Everything works OK, except iPhone and iPad notification.

If the door station rings, if you have the app open and in focus, the phone rings. If the app is closed (still running, but closed), the phone will not ring.

We installed this intercom for the ability to integrate to existing cameras and also to allow staff who wonder around site to be able to answer the intercom call, so this is frustrating. I am assuming it is an iOS issue, but I do know it used to work, as have installed a few in the past with no issues. I am not sure if this is also an Android issue, as the site is 100% iOS.

Anyone else seeing the same?

Thanks.

Hi @Lectrician

I've tested it with our DS-KD8003-IME1 and DS-KH8350-WTE1 using iOS, and it rang my phone with the app closed, so I do not think it is an iOS issue.

Could you confirm the following things please?
  • Version of Hik-Connect installed
  • Firmware version of the indoor station and DS-KD8003-IME1
  • Model of the indoor station (if you know it)
I also recommend checking that you have not got one of the focus modes enabled on the iOS devices, and that notifications for Hik-Connect are turned on both in the iPhone/iPad notification settings - try enabling "Critical Alerts" too, which will override the focus modes:

IMG_9189.PNG

Check you have notifications enabled in in Hik-Connect itself, by going to Me>Settings>Notification Settings:

IMG_9190.PNG

Also, Device Notification Settings, check that push notifications are not disabled for the indoor station - it should look like this:

IMG_9188.PNG

@Kyle

Thanks for the detailed reply. Much appreciated.

Turns out the date was set wrong on the indoor station. I had thought I had tried this fix after googling, but the year was set to 2021 still.

Correcting the date and time on the indoor station immediately fixed the problem.

Thanks for taking the time to reply, I do appreciate that!

Thanks.

As a side to this, now it’s working fine with the app, is there a way to rename the door station?
When the app rings, it announces “call from main door station”.
I’d like to rename it so it says “gate”, or “front door” etc. I can’t find this option anywhere?

thanks.

As a side to this, now it’s working fine with the app, is there away to rename the door station? When the app rings, it announces “call from main door station”. I’d like to rename it so it says “gate”, or “front door” etc. I can’t find this option anywhere?

thanks.
If the KD8003 is directly on Hik-Connect:
  • Click the three dot menu to the right of the device
  • Settings
  • Click the device name at the top of the settings page and an 'Edit Device Name' page appears
However as you've got an internal screen, maybe it's the internal screen that's added to Hik-Connect, rather than the outdoor station. If so:
  • With a web browser navigate to the IP address of the outdoor station and login with the admin user
  • Once logged in. Configuration > System > System Settings > Basic information
  • Change Device Name from the default of 'OUTDOOR STATION' and click save
You may also be able to make the change on the indoor screen.

If the KD8003 is directly on Hik-Connect:
  • Click the three dot menu to the right of the device
  • Settings
  • Click the device name at the top of the settings page and an 'Edit Device Name' page appears
However as you've got an internal screen, maybe it's the internal screen that's added to Hik-Connect, rather than the outdoor station. If so:
  • With a web browser navigate to the IP address of the outdoor station and login with the admin user
  • Once logged in. Configuration > System > System Settings > Basic information
  • Change Device Name from the default of 'OUTDOOR STATION' and click save
You may also be able to make the change on the indoor screen.
Thanks.

I don’t think the KD8003 can directly connect to Hik-Connect? It is connected via the indoor station to Hik-Connect. I have changed the name under Configuration>system>system settings>basic, but the change is not being reflected. Perhaps I need to logout and log back in to Hik-Connect. I’ll try that in the morning.

Attachments

• IMG_0147.png
    IMG_0147.png
    302 KB · Views: 61
I couldn’t wait until morning, I just tried logging out and back in on the app. The device name in the app now displays correctly, but the call still comes through from “main door station” :-/

Attachments

• IMG_2018.png
    IMG_2018.png
    5.3 MB · Views: 70
Just tried on my setup (same like yours). When I recieve call from outdoor station on HC i get : Call from DS-KH8350-WTE1(EU). Not like i'm recieving calls from outdoor but indoor. Will try again later.

Just tried on my setup (same like yours). When I recieve call from outdoor station on HC i get : Call from DS-KH8350-WTE1(EU). Not like i'm recieving calls from outdoor but indoor. Will try again later.
I took my indoor screen out sometime ago and just use a 6113 directly. I wasn’t sure whether Hik-Connect had the option to edit the alias directly from the app where the indoor screen is making the connection.

Back