01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

ds-2cd2385FWD-i Firmware upgrade

paul73mt

Hi i have 4 cameras 2CD2385,2355FWD and a G1 camera. All are running V5.6.6 build 210625. now i have found out again that my NVR isnt recording all the time so i thought i would start with a FW upgrade. Have just updated the NVR but i'm having trouble finding a FW update for the cameras. I have found 5.6.821 build 230831 but every time i try to upgrade it says it failed so either its the wrong FW or i cant jump straight to that FW. Could someone please point me in the right direction please.

Paul

Hi @paul73mt

Where did you find the V5.6.821 firmware? Can you please share a link to where you found it?

Thanks,

Please try updating to V5.6.820 first and then see if you can upgrade from there to V5.6.821

Just to make sure I'm doing it right gone through my web browser (edge) then to device, video device. the right hand column. I then get a warning message saying 'The connected device firmware is incompatible, which may affect the rule configuration. It is recommended to upgrade the connected device firmware to the latest version' this then brings up the camera under basic information it lists FW as 5.6.6 build 210625. I then go to the maintenance heading under system where i have upgrade firmware i open the location of the firmware upgrade and click upgrade and it just says 'upgrading failed' I have looked doing it direct through the NVR that's running NVR 5.0 but i cant find a way to update the cameras through that.

Thanks @paul73mt

Are the cameras directly connected to the PoE ports on the NVR? What NVR model do you have and exactly which firmware version is it currently running?

Have you tried using a different browser (e.g. Chrome, Firefox, etc...) when updating the firmware?

The NVR is DS7608NI-M2 running v05.03.010 build 240606 yes the cameras are connected to the NVR direct no haven’t tried using browser could try that .

Ok i have downloaded Chrome and Firefox and gone through the steps as above and still says 'upgrading failed' Is there anyway i can upgrade through the NVR direct?

Just a bit of an update after trying all of the above I removed one camera as was having problems with a blurry image so decided to use that one as the test. Plugged into the computer and used the SADP tool to confirm the IP address. I couldn’t log in through the ip address even after a reset. So went back into the NVR and I found how to update the FW for the cameras. So I now managed to update it to V5.6.821 straight from the 5.6.6 so that’s good . However still hasn’t cured the blurry picture on the camera. So time for a replacement

Just a bit of an update after trying all of the above I removed one camera as was having problems with a blurry image so decided to use that one as the test. Plugged into the computer and used the SADP tool to confirm the IP address. I couldn’t log in through the ip address even after a reset. So went back into the NVR and I found how to update the FW for the cameras. So I now managed to update it to V5.6.821 straight from the 5.6.6 so that’s good . However still hasn’t cured the blurry picture on the camera. So time for a replacement

You wouldn't happen to the in the U.S.? I've got six 2355's and one 2385 in a box from an earlier configuration. Would be willing to sell any/all of them cheap.

You mention a camera being blurry; is the image just soft/defocussed? You can open the turret cameras up and adjust the focus by moving the lens fractionally away from the image sensor. I forget whether the lens is just glued or has a grub screw but there was a post somewhere on here where a user did a guide on how to do it. I have had one or two that have appeared a bit soft when in mono with IR (DS-2CD2346's)

It’s blurry and really not as crisp as it was. The camera is about 7 years old so it’s done its work. Just seems I’ve been having a few problems with the setup over the last couple of years. Had a knock on the door from my next door neighbour that some lowlife at 3:45 was trying his front door so not only did I find one of the cameras blurry but also the NVR hadn’t recorded lots of footage across all the cameras.

Attachments

• IMG_8294.png
    IMG_8294.png
    6.3 MB · Views: 44
It’s blurry and really not as crisp as it was. The camera is about 7 years old so it’s done its work. Just seems I’ve been having a few problems with the setup over the last couple of years. Had a knock on the door from my next door neighbour that some lowlife at 3:45 was trying his front door so not only did I find one of the cameras blurry but also the NVR hadn’t recorded lots of footage across all the cameras.
Post a screenshot of your video settings from the NVR (main stream normal, mani stream event and sub stream) for that camera as it looks as though it could be settings related - too low a bit rate for the resolution and frame rate. It does look very poor as though it's the sub stream being viewed.

I thought it was a setting problem but it was ok with the current setting when first put in. So I copied the settings from another camera (have two cameras the same ) and makes no difference. I will pop the settings on later in case I done something stupid

Attached camera setting a
For the main stream (normal and event)
  • Turn off 'plus' for H265
  • Change Quality from Medium to Higher
  • Lower the I Frame to 12
The bit rate can be left at 3072 which is fine for 12FPS H265. The I frame is usually set to refresh every 1 or 2 seconds. At a value of 50 you're only getting a full frame refresh every 4 seconds. Depending on the amount of movement in the scene, the image may appear to deteriorate before clearing every 4 secs. On many versions of NVR/Firmware the I Frame cannot be seen or altered without logging into the camera directly (so often gets overlooked)

Edit: Keep in mind the above settings are for a 4MP camera...your original post says it's a 2385 8MP model and you (appear to) have lowered the resolution. If it is a 2385 and you want to run it at 8MP:
  • Plus turned off
  • Resolution to 3840 x 2160
  • Quality to Higher
  • I Frame to 24 initially (you may be able to lower it to 12 without issue)
  • Bit rate to 6144
Lastly. It's unlikely to be incorrect but go into Storage Schedule > Advanced and ensure that your actually recording the main stream and not the sub stream.

Last edited:
Yes it is a 8Mp but I tried it at 4Mp in case. I have tried both the video setting ( greatly appreciated)!!! But still blurry :( also checked the recording schedule and yes set to record main stream. As I said I didn’t have a problem with it when I first put them back up from having the house rendered / painted so maybe it is just that the camera is faulty ?

Back