01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

ds-2cd2385FWD-i Firmware upgrade

Yes it is a 8Mp but I tried it at 4Mp in case. I have tried both the video setting ( greatly appreciated)!!! But still blurry :( also checked the recording schedule and yes set to record main stream. As I said I didn’t have a problem with it when I first put them back up from having the house rendered / painted so maybe it is just that the camera is faulty ?
It's strange that the camera was fine and now blurry. I suppose if the camera had a knock while it was down or being refitted, it's perceivable that the lens has loosened from its mount. Of the hundreds of IP cameras I've installed, I've not had a fault like that.

On the monitor/TV, when you're viewing the main stream, if you click the 'Stream Info' icon at the bottom of the screen, does the information that pops up correctly reflect what you have programmed (Frame Rate, Bitrate[will fluctuate], Stream Type and Resolution)? Also check (if the icon is present, it's not on all models) that the Stream Rate Adaptation is not enabled.

Other than that I'm stumped...

Again thank for all your input. I have looked at the info when looking at the camera and it’s showing correct. Encoding H265 , frame rate 12fps bite rate between 855kbs and 2Mbps, stream type main stream and resolution is 3840 x 2160. So it seems the camera is the problem. Does anybody have the link on how to open the camera and move the lens?? As it’s worth a go and will order a new one later this week. Now I have got to choose what camera to go for

bite rate between 855kbs and 2Mbps
That indicates a possible issue. If it's H265 (with plus turned off) and you entered the settings I mentioned in the earlier post (Quality - Higher, Bit Rate 6144), I'd expect to see the bit rate in the stream info on the local screen showing around 6Mbps and peaking above that every few seconds. That assumes you're looking at it on the monitor screen and not Hik-Connect app on your phone.

Could you try logging into the camera directly and confirm that the video settings that you entered in the NVR interface have been correctly applied on the camera. I've known the odd instance where they've not been set on the camera despite showing correctly in the NVR. If virtual host is turned on for your NVR, you can login to the camera at http://NVR_IP_Address:650xx (where xx is the channel number for the camera - IE http://192.168.0.150:65003 would be camera 3 at that IP address. If Virtual Host is not turned on, browse to your NVR IP address, login and enable it in Config > Network Settings > Advanced > Other. There are a few video settings available directly in the camera that are not accessible from the NVR interface. Maybe post a screenshot from that page.

Make sure there is no 'region of interest' set, noise reduction should be default of 50, smoothing should be default of 50, WDR off.

Last edited:
When I try to log in to the camera using http:/ with my details it says unable to connect. So when I log in through the NVR’s IP address I have system config , then network config then under that I have network parameter, hik connect , platform access and network service. I don’t have anything else. However if I got to device access I have an operation column if I click that it then says about connecting remotely to the camera. So I connect through that then I get this

Attachments

• IMG_8300.jpeg
    IMG_8300.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 24
Last edited:
When I try to log in to the camera using http:/ with my details it says unable to connect. So when I log in through the NVR’s IP address I have system config , then network config then under that I have network parameter, hik connect , platform access and network service. I don’t have anything else. However if I got to device access I have an operation column if I click that it then says about connecting remotely to the camera. So I connect through that then I get this
That all looks to be fine. I just can’t understand why the stream info for your main stream was topping out at 2Mbps. With variable bit rate, the value you set (6144 in your case) is a cap, but the cameras have a tendency to burst a bit above the setting usually.

when that stream was only doing 2Mbps I went to another camera as I have set it the same as the blurry one and that stream info is ranging from 2Mbps up to 7Mbps and it’s the same camera. Could it be that it could be the camera at fault?? As I said it was fine and now it’s not

when that stream was only doing 2Mbps I went to another camera as I have set it the same as the blurry one and that stream info is ranging from 2Mbps up to 7Mbps and it’s the same camera. Could it be that it could be the camera at fault?? As I said it was fine and now it’s not
I would probably factory reset the camera and start afresh as there may be something corrupted so it’s worth a try.

It’s very strange I did put the bitrate to constant instead of variable and the stream info went up to 7/8Mbps so the cameras seeing the changes. Regarding the reset of the camera can you just hold the rest button behind the sd card holder, or is there a software what would wipe and reset it back to default

Since your camera accepts settings, other than lens focus, issue could be the RJ45 socket. As you said before this is outdoor for about 7 years. A bad seal or removed seal could have caused corrosion on pins. Should then be brown or dark green. You can check and try to carefully clean with a precise screwdriver, then some anticorrosion spray, then cleaning spray to remove oil. If pins cannot be cleaned, shined, then you must replace the cable, possibly connected, not soldered on board. Also check the board for corrosion. Other parts could be corroded as well.
You can also ping the camera and compare with other cameras from your router software. I dont know what is the maximum limit. Possibly below 20.000 msec. May @JB1970 knows and can help

It’s very strange I did put the bitrate to constant instead of variable and the stream info went up to 7/8Mbps so the cameras seeing the changes. Regarding the reset of the camera can you just hold the rest button behind the sd card holder, or is there a software what would wipe and reset it back to default
You can use the reset button or you can do it through the configuration. Where you previously connected to the camera remotely, you can go into maintenance and default it from there.

You can use the reset button or you can do it through the configuration. Where you previously connected to the camera remotely, you can go into maintenance and default it from there.
Will have a look when I get home thanks again for all your help

Since your camera accepts settings, other than lens focus, issue could be the RJ45 socket. As you said before this is outdoor for about 7 years. A bad seal or removed seal could have caused corrosion on pins. Should then be brown or dark green. You can check and try to carefully clean with a precise screwdriver, then some anticorrosion spray, then cleaning spray to remove oil. If pins cannot be cleaned, shined, then you must replace the cable, possibly connected, not soldered on board. Also check the board for corrosion. Other parts could be corroded as well.
You can also ping the camera and compare with other cameras from your router software. I dont know what is the maximum limit. Possibly below 20.000 msec. May @JB1970 knows and can help
can you ping it from the NVR ?? For some strange reason I have remote access through the NVR web interface but not directly so I’m unable to ping the camera direct ( have tried and failed ) with regard the the corrosion plug and socket are fine checked this and all good

Its good there is no corrosion on rj45

I don't know but I think there is no way to check from NVR. I do not know if POE NVRs have this option.

Other than your home router you can also check from a Windows PC by running CMD command prompt.
Press search, type cmd and then run cmd as administrator. Then type ping 192.168.xx.xx (your camera IP address) and press enter.
You should see a 4 to 15 milliseconds according to your cable length. Possibly a little more if your pc is connected on your router by wire.

Do you have that problem also on NVR Playback?
Do you have an SD card on your camera? Is the video recorded there defocused and blurry too?

Its good there is no corrosion on rj45

I don't know but I think there is no way to check from NVR. I do not know if POE NVRs have this option.

Other than your home router you can also check from a Windows PC by running CMD command prompt.
Press search, type cmd and then run cmd as administrator. Then type ping 192.168.xx.xx (your camera IP address) and press enter.
You should see a 4 to 15 milliseconds according to your cable length. Possibly a little more if your pc is connected on your router by wire.

Do you have that problem also on NVR Playback?
Do you have an SD card on your camera? Is the video recorded there defocused and blurry too?
The NVR has allocated the ip address for the cameras so I would not be able to “ping” the ip addresses as they would be blocked by the NVR’s ip address. I did try to ping the cameras using JG1970 instructions (http://NVR_IP_Address:650xx (where xx is the channel number for the camera - IE http://192.168.0.150:65003 would be camera 3 at that IP address) but this didn’t work. I must admit I haven’t tried playing back the footage direct from the NVR to see if it’s still blurry will give that a go when I get in from work, but playing it through the HIk-connect app it’s still blurry either through basic or main stream

So this a POE NVR. The only way to check is by using an external POE switch.

If the NVR playback is OK, then some way, as JB1970 mentioned above, you are viewing a substream in NVR's Live View.
If the SD card playback is not OK then possibly the issue is a camera faulty board or lens.

Have you checked the Live View on browsers or iVMS4200?

So this a POE NVR. The only way to check is by using an external POE switch.

If the NVR playback is OK, then some way, as JB1970 mentioned above, you are viewing a substream in NVR's Live View.
If the SD card playback is not OK then possibly the issue is a camera faulty board or lens.

Have you checked the Live View on browsers or iVMS4200?
have just tried playback through the NVR, IVMS and the HIK-connect all show the same. 100% viewing through the main stream just really blurry. So restored the unit to factory defaults and then re-entered the info JB1970 and then reviewed again but its still the same. So does anybody have the link for how to adjust the lens ? as i may as well strip it down and give it a go.

have just tried playback through the NVR, IVMS and the HIK-connect all show the same. 100% viewing through the main stream just really blurry. So restored the unit to factory defaults and then re-entered the info JB1970 and then reviewed again but its still the same. So does anybody have the link for how to adjust the lens ? as i may as well strip it down and give it a go.
I can't find it, someone did post but the turrets are easy to get into:
  • Remove the trim ring
  • Disconnect and take the camera down
  • Remove the cowl that surrounds the main camera 'ball'. On new models you only need to loosen the small Torx screw that secures the camera position in order to remove the cowl. However on older ones you may need to remove that Torx screw completely (the washer stopping the screw from being removed will spring off)
  • With the cowl off and the camera unit in hand, you'll see three recessed Philips screws that secure the two halves of the cameras unit - remove those and separate the camera.
This bit is vague as I've not pulled one to bits for ages...Once inside you may to unplug any connectors from the PCB. The main PCB will be secured in with a few small screws and you'll withdraw it away from the front glass. The fixed lens will be sat over the image sensor and IR cut filter.

You'll need to re-power the camera and get a live image up so you can see while moving the lens (it may be glued in position). Ideally you would try to adjust it in a darkroom while the camera is in IR mode, as the range at which the camera appears to be in sharp focus will be much smaller. Don't focus it on a very near object, try and focus it on something nearer the distance you want in focus in your installed location (lenses have a hyperfocal distance - that's the focal point distance beyond which everything will appear acceptably sharp)

I can't find it, someone did post but the turrets are easy to get into:
  • Remove the trim ring
  • Disconnect and take the camera down
  • Remove the cowl that surrounds the main camera 'ball'. On new models you only need to loosen the small Torx screw that secures the camera position in order to remove the cowl. However on older ones you may need to remove that Torx screw completely (the washer stopping the screw from being removed will spring off)
  • With the cowl off and the camera unit in hand, you'll see three recessed Philips screws that secure the two halves of the cameras unit - remove those and separate the camera.
This bit is vague as I've not pulled one to bits for ages...Once inside you may to unplug any connectors from the PCB. The main PCB will be secured in with a few small screws and you'll withdraw it away from the front glass. The fixed lens will be sat over the image sensor and IR cut filter.

You'll need to re-power the camera and get a live image up so you can see while moving the lens (it may be glued in position). Ideally you would try to adjust it in a darkroom while the camera is in IR mode, as the range at which the camera appears to be in sharp focus will be much smaller. Don't focus it on a very near object, try and focus it on something nearer the distance you want in focus in your installed location (lenses have a hyperfocal distance - that's the focal point distance beyond which everything will appear acceptably sharp)
Many thanks for this and all your input

Paul

You can also have a look at this from Venturis on another forum:

The good thing are the pictures

You can also have a look at this from Venturis on another forum:

The good thing are the pictures
I knew I'd seen that post somewhere, I'd already given it a 'like' previously.

Back