01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-2CD2410F-IW alarm with SD card Inserted

Morpheus78

Hey everyone,
I have 3 new DS-2CD2410F-IW cameras which I have set up on my network.
My problem with 2 of the new cameras is that when I install a SanDisk or KingStone 64 GB SDXC or 32 GB SDHC, the audible alarm runs continuously and won't shut off until I remove the card. I have disabled all the alarm settings in the alarms sections. Additionally, when I try to format the card, with alarm blaring, the cameras are not recognizing the card.
SD Card after formatting with camera need to be reformatted, formatting with PC are ok.
All cameras have same firmware V5.4.3 build 160705?

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you.

Have you disabled the PIR alarm? The 3MP and 4MP versions of this camera have a built-in PIR alarm that will, by default, play an audible siren whenever it is triggered.

It's likely to be an alarm exception, relating to the HDD. Check each alarm exception option and untick Audible Warning as an option for each, one by one. When the siren eventually stops after you disable a particular alarm, you will know what alarm exception is being triggered continuously.

What happens when you try to format the microSD card?

Thanks for your reply Kieran,

>>Have you disabled the PIR alarm?
this evening no, tonight I make an attempt with the test that you suggested.

>>What happens when you try to format the microSD card?
Micro SD not correctly format and at 99% start alarm, next in the page report no space avaible, error and so on...
If I start formatting again alarm stop, If I restart the camera no alarm but error remain :-/

Thank you!

Would you be able to upload a screenshot of the Storage Management page, and what happens when you try to format?

Not right now because I'm at work and SD are not inserted, this evening I do a screenshot and post here

Hi,
PIR disabled and now no alarm... that's something :)
I post a screenshot after formatting SD and It reports exactly Error Status and no FREE space avaible... have you got any ideas?

SD is a Sandisk Ultra 32 GB SDHC Class 10, I also tried a Kingston 64 GB SDXC Class 10 with no luck....

May this error caused by Firmware?

Thank you

Attachments

• Schermata 2017-03-22 alle 20.44.10.png
    Schermata 2017-03-22 alle 20.44.10.png
    819.8 KB · Views: 543
  • Schermata 2017-03-22 alle 20.50.37.png
    Schermata 2017-03-22 alle 20.50.37.png
    890.1 KB · Views: 524
  • Schermata 2017-03-22 alle 20.54.47.png
    Schermata 2017-03-22 alle 20.54.47.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 528