01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Looking for assistance with connecting alarm to DS-7608NI-M2

phnetik

Hi ... new to this forum and relatively new to NVR's

I'm trying to locate an actual document that details the physical connection and soft configuration for the alarm port on a DS-7608NI-M2
I did find this post on the forum which would be perfect, however there are great number of differences between systems

The "Factory Manual" for the DS-7608NI-M2 model provides zero information ...
Attached is a pic of the alarm interface on this model NVR
I need to connect either a low voltage or dry contact out to an building automation system (alarm)
In the perfect world 2 outputs triggered via 2 different cameras
What are the 1A & 1B terminals ?

If someone could assist, it would be greatly appreciated

alarm port.jpg

FWIW, the datasheet for the DS-7608NI-M2 indicates it is a 4 alarm in / 1 alarm out unit.
Should you want more alarms out, the DS-77xx series might be worth a look.

You might also have a read thru this doc -->

I did some multimeter testing on my own M Series, and I can confirm, on my unit, 1A & 1B are just a plain old switch, with N.O. contacts. 1A & 1B are isolated from the chassis "G" connections. I did not detect any presence of voltage on either 1A or 1B.

The PDF does have an example on how to wire it (with 1B to "-" in DC) & lists the "maximum" volts / amps. HTH.

Last edited:
I need to connect either a low voltage or dry contact out to an building automation system (alarm)
In the perfect world 2 outputs triggered via 2 different cameras
What are the 1A & 1B terminals ?
@phnetik You've only one output available on the NVR. The terminals 1A and 1B are that output. Any NVR or IP camera alarm input along with any camera alarm event (motion detection, line crossing, intrusion etc) can be configured to trigger that output via the events 'Linkage actions'. The output itself can be configured with regard to duration.

The single output isn't much use. Some camera models have an input and output that could be used. If you want something more advanced you could consider something like node-red installed on a RPI. node-red has palettes for Hikvision alarms so that you could create flows for different events and forward messages to your BMS/alarm system. The possibilities depend on what your BMS/Alarm system will accept with regard to input.

Thank You to everyone for your replies, 100' of cable from the chassis to test the trigger from a camera location and I have a solution. (Then I noticed the test button on the web interface after the fact under basic event to simulate a detection) ...
So I have it working, camera detects, trips a I/O sensor which turns on a set of lights which was the goal.

I do have another question. On all my cameras, I see the A->1 which is the standard output wiring, but what is D3->1 ???

1704224576632.png

On all my cameras, I see the A->1 which is the standard output wiring, but what is D3->1 ???
A>1 is the NVR alarm output 1. D3 > 1 is IP camera 3, alarm output 1. So you can link any alarm to the wired output terminal of Camera 3. Would that camera 3 output have saved you 100' of wiring (might have been nearer than the NVR)?

Seems I have a camera model with an "IS" extension ... aka S = switch
I have a 19" RACK in the basement with all equipment ... so 3 ft cables are easy, camera cables are all 100+ ft
What I need to learn is IP integration between systems

Cheers

Last edited:
Back