01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware DS-7608NI-I2 NVR firmware update methods?

Vauxfan

Gives a lot of help
Trusted Member
In the past I used to down load a file via the laptop to update the nvr and cameras. Since the green screen issue I havnt updated it for at least a year to stop the green screen issue.

Now though when I open the nvr menu on ghe nvr I get a message box saying update.. I never have done it like this and never got a message locally either. I don't want to update as I don't want the green screen again. Why is my nvr asking to do this. Surely it needs to be done via the laptop and not locally?

In the past I used to down load a file via the laptop to update the nvr and cameras. Since the green screen issue I havnt updated it for at least a year to stop the green screen issue.

Now though when I open the nvr menu on ghe nvr I get a message box saying update.. I never have done it like this and never got a message locally either. I don't want to update as I don't want the green screen again. Why is my nvr asking to do this. Surely it needs to be done via the laptop and not locally?
There's a couple of ways you can update. I normally update with a web browser, the way you describe. The link in the NVR rarely/if ever works. I've never seen any of mine suggest an update (perhaps as previously they weren't registered with Hik-Connect - just a guess). You can also put the .dav file on a USB drive and plug it into the NVR. That's possibly safer than doing it via web browser over a WiFi connection but I've never bothered.

Back