01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-9632NI-I8 - Load Balance?

Ambidexter

Hi,

The user manual of my DS-9632NI-I8 says I can get the NVR to load balance, if I give both NICs the same IP.

I can certainly do that, but what should I set the "Working Mode" to? "Multi-address" (which seems to be for 2 different networks), or "Network Fault-tolerance" (where one NIC backs up the other)?

There isn't a separate "load balance" option in the dropdown...unless I need to change the IPs or turn off DHCP first...but I wanted to figure out the proper procedure before I create an outage.

-Update: If I set it for "Network Fault Tolerance", I get the same MAC and the DHCP-granted IP no matter which port is plugged in. Both ports are up, and the "not active" port still seems to transmit some frames. Perhaps these ports are trying to work via LACP, in which case, a 2Gbps bundle will result. I check and can't use an LACP switch with this NVR. Removing it I can run on an aggregated interface pair...or natively on the switch ports.

If I set the NVR for "Multiple Address", I can set two addresses and one LAN is used as default. But if I try to make these two NICs have the same address (2 MACs for one address), the NVR complains about duplicate IP, and won't let me save the changes. Instructions say to use LAN2 for cameras and LAN1 for the NVR's IP. This is not the configuration I'm looking for.

Scanning the Internet for "ds-9600NI-I8" and "load balance", I get this manual:

https://www.hikvision.com/uploadfile/image/510567_b.pdf

And it says "Network Functions: 2 self-adaptive 10M/100M/1000M network interfaces, and various working modes are configurable:
multi-address, load balance, network fault tolerance, etc.".

Is this a feature which has been removed in recent releases? And if it was released, why?

Thanks,

Ambi

Last edited:
Hi, can you please confirm the firmware version that you are running on this NVR?

Hi,

I upgraded to V4.22.005 build 191208 when I received the unit. It originally had one that was a bit older, but still from 2019, I think.

Thanks,

Ambi

Hi @Ambidexter

We had to check this issue with Hikvision support as this is not an NVR or feature we have used before, their response is below:

Load Balance is only available for super I series NVR, that must be a typo, I am sorry for the misunderstanding caused by that. Please suggest the customer to refer to the user manual on our website
It would appear this is a typo in the older user manual for that NVR model, you will find the latest user manual at the Hikvision website and it no longer has any mention of load balance.

And think of all those hundred dollar bills I spent to get this "use only one link, dual-link" unit!

But thanks for your input, I'll have to disassemble the code and see if there's something I can hack to re-activate it...or maybe they'll put it back in?

Regards,

Ambi

And think of all those hundred dollar bills I spent to get this "use only one link, dual-link" unit!

But thanks for your input, I'll have to disassemble the code and see if there's something I can hack to re-activate it...or maybe they'll put it back in?

Regards,

Ambi
that normal lies comes from chinese company just commercial word,at least they gave u answer i buy 2 ANPR camera for detect and recording plate number according to their own datasheet they said that support many region including middle east country like iran, but guess what while we fail and contact them for this they just pass me to another support and another support and finally they change their datasheet and delete the section which was refers to region support! and after that no answer comes from both hikvision china and hikvision middle east. :) (as you could check in last versions of all ANPRs camera datasheet there is nothing about region)
btw i have super NVRs (128ch) and yes there is a load balance but believe me there is nothing could help with these feature :) because when you reach a bandwidth which need load balancing others issue function comes like liveview timing and playback stability so in that situation you need to have stable system rather than load balance features.so totlay these are just a bunch of commercial words that you shouldn't trust! especially in enterprise environment

that normal lies comes from chinese company just commercial word,at least they gave u answer i buy 2 ANPR camera for detect and recording plate number according to their own datasheet they said that support many region including middle east country like iran, but guess what while we fail and contact them for this they just pass me to another support and another support and finally they change their datasheet and delete the section which was refers to region support! and after that no answer comes from both hikvision china and hikvision middle east. :) (as you could check in last versions of all ANPRs camera datasheet there is nothing about region)
btw i have super NVRs (128ch) and yes there is a load balance but believe me there is nothing could help with these feature :) because when you reach a bandwidth which need load balancing others issue function comes like liveview timing and playback stability so in that situation you need to have stable system rather than load balance features.so totlay these are just a bunch of commercial words that you shouldn't trust! especially in enterprise environment
Hi Amertat, I saw you have the super NVR 128, may I ask if there is any setting you need on the switches to make load balancing works? Thanks

Back