01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect DS-KH6320 Intercom Disconnecting…

LeeBow

Hi all,

I have a DS-KH6320 intercom.

The intercom is connected to my NVR (DS-7616NI-L2/16P) via Ethernet cable. This powers the intercom (POE), and allows me to record the intercom camera.
However, the intercom is connecting to hik-connect via wifi. I cannot find a way to make it connect to the internet through the nvr. Is this possible?

Every day, the intercom is loosing connection to hik-connect. The wifi signal appears strong, and wifi is always “connected” in the intercom menu.

I wonder if the router is causing an issue maybe.

I thought if I could get the hik-connect connection through the Ethernet via the nvr, it would be more reliable.

I see the gen 1 intercoms had a firmware fix to stop disconnection issues, but there is nothing out for the gen 2 intercoms.

Thanks for any help.

If you see any possibility connect it to a LAN Port, do it... it will avoid alot headache.

never use wifi on any ip camera or similiar. it will never work good and it is also a big security flaw.

The intercom only has 1 lan port - which I have connected to my NVR to provide power, and record the camera.

I’m wondering if there is a way for the intercom to get the internet from the nvr (which is connected to the router, and also has hik-connect through lan)

thanks for the reply

... That is maybe the cause of your problem. Not only power is delivered... you connect the display to the network of the NVR i.e. the second (poe) network. You also connect it to your network via wifi... the display has an 12V power-supply port if you dont want to use poe-lan. but you should only use your normal network if you use 12v power supply via LAN or wifi ! never connect the device to two networks. if you want to record, you can add the camera from your network to the nvr anyway ! it does not have to be connected to the nvr directly.

There are two options , one is recommended because its easy and plug and play , the other needs some knowledge about networks...

1)
buy a cheap 4+1/8+1 POE switch from tplink, hikvision or dahua. they are around 30-60 USD/EUR/GBP ....
- connect the cable from your router (which was in the lan-port of the nvr) to the uplink-port of the poe-switch (thats why +1)
- connect the lanport from nvr with the switch
- connect all indoor / outdoor stations to the switch

2) use a static route (i already described it a few days ago, so only copy paste)

if your normal network has the range 192.168.1.1 - 192.168.1.254 , the NVR have the IP 192.168.1.200

- enable virtual host function on NVR
- make a static route between 192.168.254.0/24 and 192.168.1.200 (gateway) in router
- assign settings on doorbell:
ip: 192.168.254.2 (not sure if this ip is not taken by a camera already, check first)
netmask: 255.255.255.0
gateway: 192.168.254.1
DNS: use public dns, as secoundary , like 8.8.8.8 , primary should be set automatic .. but i am not sure if 192.168.254.1 forwards dns ,,, you have to try

(/24 means subnet 255.255.255.0)

the traffic should float
192.168.254.2 (doorbell ) -> 192.168.254.1 (gw) -> (192.168.1.200) -> 192.168.1.1 (gw) -> internet
internet -> ... 192.168.1.200 (knows where 192.168.254.2 is) -> .....

ANY device (indoor/outdoor station) needs be set to an ip,gateway,subnet of the NVR-POE-NETWORK (when they are connected to nvr poe switch). the ip has to be unique, so not used by any other device/camera ..

please dont ask how to set up a static route in the router . its really depends on model where this function is. so you need basic knowledge in network configuration.

also:
if you use static routes ... please BLOCK any camera from the internet in router manually. If you use virtual host/static route all your cameras can reach the internet directly. even if you do not use port forwarding, it could be a security issue, if one device in your network is infected and send commands to your cameras. there could be unknows backdoors / security issues in any firmware even if you are on the newest.

there are routers which are not able to block devices from internet which belongs to the other end of the static route (because they have another ip range and some routers are only able to block devices which belongs to the own ip range)

Last edited:
@John Carr

how does the internet connection to hikconnect work, if you have no virtual host and static route and connect it directly to the nvr ?

the poe network of hik nvr is independent from your local network... i.e. no internet

The NVR is set to be the default gateway which in turn has the router as its default gateway, hey presto, a direct link to Hik-connect.

@John Carr

Nope. The poe ports of the nvr has their own network (default 192.168.254.0/24). It is not reachable from outside and everything in the network cannot reach the outside. only if you enable virtual host function, there will be a static route from the poe ports to your network. but the router gateway will not know where to route traffic from internet and your network to, because he have no idea where 192.168.254.0/24 is. so you need a static route in the router. If you have no static route in router, there will be some more ports (65001-6500x) for each camera to reach the webinterface of any cam through the nvr ip.

Only some old nvrs with older firmwares act different.

Read here:

We’ll mine works like a dream, The camera on the intercom works exactly like any other ip camera, records 24/7 and the intercom has all the available features reachable through Hik-connect, just follow the video link.

@John Carr

The problem is, that you dont understand the point.

In the video he is using WIFI and NVR POE LAN, like the op. You connect your device to 2 networks, which may cause many problems. One is wifi anyway, which may ends in more problems. there is no need for anything like that. you just need lan. you can use wifi and +12v if you are not able to run a lan cable... this is the only useful situation for the wifi function. the guy in the video makes it easy for the most stupid customer, who wants it plug and play and just type a password in, but this means not that he is right and the solution is good. Maybe some russian lifehack way of doing things ?

you just have to use the recommended method with cheap poe switch. if you want to record to nvr, you can just add a camera to the nvr from your local network. any hik or other brand nvr can add normal ip cameras which are not connected to the nvr directly but are in the same lan as the nvr(your home lan).

if you want it cheaper than buying a poe switch for 30 bucks you can use the static route method like described.

avoid wifi ANYTIME ... rtsp protocol with livestream is not made for any wifi application and its a possible security issue, because everyone can interrupt your signal with a 10$ jammer . its the same with wifi cameras... dont use it ! USE LAN ! most people are to stupid to run a cable or just think wifi is easier,... you dont watch 24/7 the stream from your wifi devices, so you have no idea if its stable or not ! you will only see it if its to late and you have no useable record on your nvr.

Last edited:
Regardless of how you overdramatise the issue, the solution which I posted worked perfectly for me, exactly as I described, if you don’t like the solution don’t use it, it’s no skin off my nose

Never had a single problem.

Attachments

• 3BEFE20E-72F5-419C-926E-3BC6CE7B0AFA.jpeg
    3BEFE20E-72F5-419C-926E-3BC6CE7B0AFA.jpeg
    102.2 KB · Views: 408
Hi @John Carr , the video guide you posted - is the exact one I followed to set up my intercom.

At 6mins in - the guy uses WiFi to enable Hik-Connect on the intercom. So he is using the NVR to provide POE power, and record, but is still using wifi to give the intercom hik-connect.

Here is link to 6min in, when he turns on wifi:

He says "only if there is wifi on the monitor"

Are you saying you can disable wifi on the intercom, and still use hik-connect to receive intercom call functions / unlock doors? As that is what I am trying to do.

@user7364 Connecting a poe switch to the router, and then the intercom to the poe switch - it still shows as no hik-connect service / no internet access. (I did fixed IP in router, and assigned it in the intercom) I'm starting to think the intercom only allows hik-connect through wifi :(

Thanks for the help.

@LeeBow

if you have another (!) poe switch which you can connect to the to your router AND with display/outdoor station... do it !

after you connect everything, you have to do a little bit of setup on the intercom devices.

all on indoor station:

1. disable wifi on indoor station
2. go to network settings and click on DHCP button, it will get new dhcp settings from your ROUTER
3. go to outdoor station (in indoor station menu), click on the small gear, it will open the network settings for the outdoor station. click on dhcp. dont click on the other small button, it will reset the outdoor station to factory
4. it should now show a new ip adress in the menu for the outdoor station, click once on it to activate it.
5. write down ip address of outdoor station

check if ringing and hik connect works, maybe you have to pair hikconnect again

on nvr:

add a new camera with the ip from the outdoor station (THE NEW ONE FROM YOUR ROUTER, WHICH SHOWN EARLIER) with hik protocol. you need username/password which you set on initial setup...

if hik protocol is not working, report here, no problem to add as custom protocol.

remember: all nvrs have a limited number of channels. you will loose one channel for external camera , so one poe port is useless.

p.s. if your outdoor station is also connected via wifi, there will be the most likely problem.

Last edited:
Hi Lee, that’s what I wrote but not what I meant, (sorry), my point was I followed the procedure and I have no issues at all, no wifi dropout at all, you might want to look at your firewall, I’ve just fitted a camera for a friend and he was having issues with Mcafee but don’t quote me on that it’s just a thought.

I've moved this thread to the Hikvision category, where it will attract more eyeballs.
Hopefully others with more experience with the Hikvision door entry products / solutions will be able to assist.

Back