01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Easy IP 2.0+ vs IP 4.0 Varifocal night quality

dalydesign

I've been looking at the DS-2CD2H83G0-IZS 8MP Motorised Zoom (non-darkfighter) as Ive been offered an ex demo model for £100 but it uses the Easy IP 2.0+ but I'm debating on whether paying the full £340 for the DS-2CD2H86G2-IZS is a better investment as it has darkfighter technology. This would be to cover a T-junction outside my house as whenever there's a burglary within our village, they drive out of the T-junction. I didn't really want to spend a fortune but I have a spare port on my NVR that I thought would be worth adding a camera due to having another incident in the village last week.

Does anyone know if the image is much better at night on the Easy IP 4.0. I'd use it in full colour and use the LED streetlighting for lighting up the scene (not IR mode as color is important). This is the scene that I'm looking to cover.

IMG_9630.jpg

I already have a few G1 series EasyIP 3.0 cameras covering the gardens and driveway and those work well, but wasn't sure if the non-darkfighter model would be any good for £100.

Any advice would be appreciative.

Back