01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Exception - network disconnected every 30 minutes exactly?

Hunda67

Hi, just set up new system with only 4 cameras. Three of them are PTZ with two cameras - one fixed and one with ptz (model number: DS-2SE7C144IW-AE). I have both the fixed and PTZ cameras as seperate inputs on the NVR (model number: DS-7732NI-I4 / 16P(B)). One of the cameras keeps on giving an exception alarm every 30 minutes (exactly) of "Network Disconnect" on the PTZ input stream only. None of the other cameras do this. This camera is hardwired back to the NVR. The very strange thing it was up and running for a few days with no errors and yesterday it just started with this exception every 30 minutes. The fixed camera which is on the same unit does not give an exception. There is no difference in the configuration of this camera from the others. Any ideas? Thanks.
Capture.JPG

Hi @Hunda67

Just to be clear, the DS-2SE7C144IW-AE with this network error is plugged directly into the PoE ports on the NVR?

If that is the case then it is likely a power issue, the PoE ports on the 7732NI-I4 NVR only support up to 30W output per port and this camera model can use up to 42W and need to be powered by a separate Hi-PoE 60W injector.

Sorry my mistake - I should have been clearer - it is connected via a hi PoE injector so not actually directly to the NVR.

okay,

Are both cables (e.g. the one connecting the injector to the network and the one connecting the injector to the camera) factory-made patch cables or cables you or an installer cut & terminated?

What firmware version is the problem DS-2SE7C144IW-AE currently using?

Hi, cable between injector and camera is factory made. Cable back to NVR is installer cut and terminated.
Firmware version: V5.5.800 build 210628
This the same on all 3 DS-2SE7C144IW-AE cameras.

Okay,

first of all, can you please update the 3 x PTZ cameras to the latest firmware? v5.5.821

If you still see the network error can you please try replacing the cut cable with a factory-made patch cable?

Can you also share a screenshot of the camera management page from the NVR?

OK thanks - it will take me some time to replace the cable. I'll try and update the firmware also. Hopefully this is the screenshot you require:

1682347431895.png

OK thanks - it will take me some time to replace the cable. I'll try and update the firmware also. Hopefully this is the screenshot you require:

View attachment 9166
Hi Hunda,

I was having the same problem, but in my case the network was disconnecting every 10s. Problem was with the Router (in my case Hub 3 from Virgin), exactly with the rj45 port. When I switched the ports on the router the problem disappeared. The problem was reoccurring couple of times and now I'm on the last working port in the Router.

Does someone with more experience know why that's happening? There is a problem with the router or with NVR? That connection is just for data transfer so I'm guessing there is nothing which can cause damage to the ports...?

Back