01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision DS-7608NI-K2-8P started to reboot every 15 to 30 minutes?

I am on windows and I can get IE tabs running in Edge, but it's a pain.
The thing is I don't want to view the stream I just want to change the settings.
This is really an unwelcome addition to the firmware.

On camera #3 I am still getting "not enough decoding resource" when I try and view full screen on the NVR.

Hi @HorizonIT

Looking back at your earlier comment in this thread you said that both cameras #1 & #3 were 2385 8MP cameras, is the full-screen issue only impacting one of the 2385 cameras?

Can you share the stream settings for both 2385 cameras?

CCTV-C1-Video.png
CCTV-C3-Video.png

Hi,
Any thoughts on why there is not enough resource?
D1 and D3 have the same settings, D1 will go full screen, D3 will not.
Both were fine before the NVR firmware upgrades.

@HorizonIT - Take a look at the main menu on a monitor connected to the NVR. In the System Settings page there might be an option at the bottom of the page "Enhanced SVC Mode" that is turned on by default - if so turn it off and see if that resolves your issue. It's several years ago but the setting caused similar issues on some revisions of the 4 channel model of that NVR. If you search "enhanced SVC mode" you'll find my original post.

Thanks JB, your suggestion pointed me to a setting "Enhanced Decoding Mode" on the Menu Output in the web interface.
I've switched that off and I can now view the offending camera!
Again, MANY THANKS!

Thanks JB, your suggestion pointed me to a setting "Enhanced Decoding Mode" on the Menu Output in the web interface.
I've switched that off and I can now view the offending camera!
Again, MANY THANKS!
Cool. If you see that original post I made about it; the setting appears to work in reverse of how it’s supposed to. The firmware update added that setting that wasn’t previously there, but switches it on by default. I think it only appears on the B and later hardware revisions and not the original release.

Back