01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Existing iDS-7208huhi-m2/p DVR, can I add an AoC camera?

bm_99

Hi all, the above dvr is currently being used with poc (power over co-ax) cameras for power and video, via cat6 and video baluns all working OK

Can we add 1x aoc (audio over co-ax) camera (2ce72-kf0t) with a separate psu to power just that 1 camera??

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Hi all, the above dvr is currently.being used with poc cameras for power and video via cat6 and video baluns all working OK

Can we add 1x aoc camera (2ce72-kf0t) with a separate psu to power just that 1 camera??

Thanks
Yes you can. There's no issue with using standard non PoC cameras on a PoC DVR; just as there's no issue using PoC cameras with a non PoC DVR (with 12V DC). PoC can be turned off individually in the local DVR menu for the camera that your adding (though it won't do any harm leaving it on)

I'd recommend using coax for that AoC camera. Last time I used CAT5E and baluns for an AoC camera there was a lot of unwanted noise in the audio despite the baluns being AoC compatible.
Hi all, the above dvr is currently.being used with poc cameras for power and video via cat6 and video baluns all working OK

Can we add 1x aoc camera (2ce72-kf0t) with a separate psu to power just that 1 camera??

Thanks
Yes you can. There's no issue with using standard non PoC cameras on a PoC DVR; just as there's no issue using PoC cameras with a non PoC DVR (with 12V DC). PoC can be turned off individually in the local DVR menu for the camera that your adding (though it won't do any harm leaving it on)

I'd recommend using coax for that AoC camera. Last time I used CAT5E and baluns for an AoC camera there was a lot of unwanted noise in the audio despite the baluns being AoC compatible.

Upvote 1
Solution
Yes you can. There's no issue with using standard non PoC cameras on a PoC
DVR; just as there's no issue using PoC cameras with a non PoC DVR (with 12V DC). PoC can be turned off individually in the local DVR menu for the camera that your adding (though it won't do any harm leaving it on)

Thanks mate, just even the hik spec sheet is confusing as it says:

'Audio via coaxial cable'

but someone was saying this could mean through the audio input channels rather than through the video channel and that means a seperate microphone

As long as it can take AOC it should be ok i guess - another problem is that it will need to be done through the existing CAT6 as there is no way to run a coax now

Upvote 0
Thanks mate, just even the hik spec sheet is confusing as it says:

'Audio via coaxial cable'

but someone was saying this could mean through the audio input channels rather than through the video channel and that means a seperate microphone

As long as it can take AOC it should be ok i guess - another problem is that it will need to be done through the existing CAT6 as there is no way to run a coax now
AoC support is limited to certain models so I’d be sure before you add it to the system. It used to be the non PoC DVRs that ended in S from memory that had it, but on some others it was dependent on the latest firmware.

You may be OK on CAT6 so long as the Balun supports it (AoC) I had an annoying background whine that I couldn’t live with so I switched it off.

Edit: The below snip from the data sheet for your model seems to indicate that you've got AoC. The number of separate audio RCA inputs is optional along with alarm inputs (the number 3 in the image pointed to a comment detailing that):

Screenshot 2023-12-06 at 12.10.23.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
AoC support is limited to certain models so I’d be sure before you add it to the system. It used to be the non PoC DVRs that ended in S from memory that had it, but on some others it was dependent on the latest firmware.

You may be OK on CAT6 so long as the Balun supports it (AoC) I had an annoying background whine that I couldn’t live with so I switched it off.

Edit: The below snip from the data sheet for your model seems to indicate that you've got AoC. The number of separate audio RCA inputs is optional along with alarm inputs (the number 3 in the image pointed to a comment detailing that):

View attachment 10180
Thanks for that, so the 8-ch via coaxial cable - is the part that pretty much means all 8 can be aoc (maybe provided you turn the poc part off) - maybe

Upvote 0
Thanks for that, so the 8-ch via coaxial cable - is the part that pretty much means all 8 can be aoc (maybe provided you turn the poc part off) - maybe
The ports sense whether there's a PoC camera attached or not and disable PoC if the camera doesn't support it. There are no models that support both PoC and AoC so it shouldn't be an issue.

Upvote 0
so got the camera, and first of all im getting no picture through the balun when the camera is on TVI mode, but when i change to AHD, CVI or CVBS the picture works all fine

Im guessing that because the TVI part is not working maybe thats why im not getting the audio through the camera??

Upvote 0
Back