01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Ezviz C3X and Hikvision NVR

nico

Hi. I currently have two Ezviz C3X cameras connected to and Ezviz X5C over wifi. The X5C is connected to my router via ethernet.

The cameras are however frequently offline, and the remote feed is often slow. I suspect that the problem lies with the quality of the wifi connection between the cameras and the X5C. (I stay in a historic cottage with thick walls). The two cameras are set up right next to each other, and this may (or may not) also contribute to the problem.

As a result, I am planning to rather connect the two cameras to a (non-wifi) NVR via ethernet (the C3X's do have ethernet outputs).

Would a NVR like the DS-7616NI-K2 work? Or would you suggest another approach or product? I still want to access the camera feed remotely via my mobile (EZVIZ app) and I don't want to lose any of the cameras' functionality.

Your advice will be much appreciated.

Hi @nico

EZVIZ is actually an offshoot/sister company of Hikvision and so at first glance, I would expect some level of compatibility with a Hikvision NVR, but we have never tested EZVIZ cameras on a Hik NVR and looking at the C3X camera specs I cannot see any mention of ONVIF which is the universal standard used to connect cameras and NVRs from different manufacturers together.

We have seen situations in the past with both Hikvision consumer brands (EZVIZ, HiWatch, HiLook) and other consumer brands (Swann, D-Link, etc...) where the products they offer are brand locked meaning they can only be linked to products from that same brand, it is one of the factors that allows them to make these consumer products so cheap.

Upvote 0
Thank you Dan. I will then probably upgrade to Hik Acusense cameras and a Hik NVR. Appreciate your feedback.

Reactions: Dan
Upvote 0
Hi all. I've got 3 Ezviz wifi PTZ cameras working really well with my Hikvision NVR. Alerts, recording, PTZ control. Only problem I have is passwords seem a bit weird - I've changed the password on all 3 cameras but NVR will only work with old one...

NVR is DS-7616NI-K2/16P
Ezviz cameras: C6N 4MP, C6CN, C6CN

Hope thats useful.

Upvote 0
Hi all. I've got 3 Ezviz wifi PTZ cameras working really well with my Hikvision NVR. Alerts, recording, PTZ control. Only problem I have is passwords seem a bit weird - I've changed the password on all 3 cameras but NVR will only work with old one...

NVR is DS-7616NI-K2/16P
Ezviz cameras: C6N 4MP, C6CN, C6CN

Hope thats useful.
Thank you, appreciate it

Upvote 0
Back