01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware Firmware update for my DS-7608NI-I2 NVR?

TCPARKER

Hello. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated. I have a Hik vision system and I am looking to upgrade the firmware to the last released version. As my system is a few years old, I would imagine Hik Vision stopped supporting the NVR I have but I would not mind having the latest or last firmware update they released. I have looked around on the internet but to be honest I am confusing myself with the amount of info that's available. If anyone could point me in the right direction I would be most grateful. I have added a screen shot of my firmware which I hope will assist someone better qualified than me. Many thanks in advance. :)

1647686106753.png

Hi @TCPARKER

We can guide you towards the correct firmware, Hikvision firmware files can be confusing.

The v3.4.92 firmware you are currently running is very old (was released in 2017) and so we would definitely recommend updating, as you are so far behind it is advised that you update through several different versions and don't just jump to the latest version. See all the versions between your current firmware and the latest here at the Hikvision Download Portal

below are versions we would update through:

V4.1.10 build171107
V4.1.60 build180717
V4.22.005 build191208
V4.40.017 build 201124
V4.51.025 build210927
V4.60.005 build220108

If you've never updated your firmware you can find the instructions in the below thread:

Due to the old firmware you are currently running, you will likely have to access the NVR with internet explorer to update the first few firmware versions as modern browsers like Chrome/Firefox removed support for the plugin used by the older Hikvision firmware.

Hi Dan. I can't thank you enough for your help. I have just started downloading the updates and will do as suggested by following the build list you've provided. I will no doubt be back here again within a day or two, even if it's just to update you on the final update. Thanks for your help, hopefully things run smoothly :)

Reactions: Dan
Ho

Do you have upgrade your NVR?

Can i Ask where do you buy your NVR?

I'm in RR to and afraid to update lol

Thx

Hi @veni

Have you tried updating with any of the firmware files I linked you to in your previous forum post?

As I said previously, lots of the UK stock we sell have CCRR serial numbers and we actually use a demo NVR in our office that is a CCRR model and has been updated through all the firmware versions I linked you to.

I think there is very little risk updating to the firmware versions I linked you to.

The Pointer Sisters - I'm So afraid lalalalalz lol

Yes i have write your post in my notepad :) I dont have tried. I'm reading how to restore to be prepared.

If I brick the nvr I Can use the python version of TFTP to solve it.

What is it with the CCRR models?
I have one (from use-ip) and have not had any issue upgrading.

It's just some confusion over the regional serial number codes, CCRR is the code used for authorised UK/EU Hikvision products, products that have CCCH in the serial number are Chinese imports and likely will not accept the UK/EU firmware.

Hi @TCPARKER

We can guide you towards the correct firmware, Hikvision firmware files can be confusing.

The v3.4.92 firmware you are currently running is very old (was released in 2017) and so we would definitely recommend updating, as you are so far behind it is advised that you update through several different versions and don't just jump to the latest version. See all the versions between your current firmware and the latest here at the Hikvision Download Portal

below are versions we would update through:

V4.1.10 build171107
V4.1.60 build180717
V4.22.005 build191208
V4.40.017 build 201124
V4.51.025 build210927
V4.60.005 build220108

If you've never updated your firmware you can find the instructions in the below thread:

Due to the old firmware you are currently running, you will likely have to access the NVR with internet explorer to update the first few firmware versions as modern browsers like Chrome/Firefox removed support for the plugin used by the older Hikvision firmware.
Hi Dan. Sorry this is a little late coming but I just wanted to thank you for your assistance. My NVR is now fully updated to the latest firmware version and I am happy to report that it's all working really well. I like to new GUI screen and the functions that provides. Do you happen to know where I can down load a set of comprehensive instruction manual from. I have looked on line but can only find basic manuals, most of which I already know. I am looking at something that will go into a lot more detail. Any help would again be appreciated. Many thanks. :)

Hi @TCPARKER

Good to hear the firmware updates were successful and everything is working.

The user manual from the Hikvision website is the most detailed and up-to-date instructions for the NVR.

I have this model nvr and finding the latest firmware is very confusing.. entering the model numbers into hiks web site and apparently it doesn’t exist!
I think ( according to the nvr) I have the latest firmware but I’m not sure v4.61.025. 220905

Last edited:
HI @shw

Yes, the version you have is the latest firmware version for the I-series NVRs.

They are running down/making obsolete the I-series range which is probably why you couldn't see anything online for it and the firmware you are currently running will probably be one of the last major updates (except for the odd security update).

HI @shw

Yes, the version you have is the latest firmware version for the I-series NVRs.

They are running down/making obsolete the I-series range which is probably why you couldn't see anything online for it and the firmware you are currently running will probably be one of the last major updates (except for the odd security update).
Is it worth buying a better nvr …and at what sort of cost

The current recommended 8-channel NVR would be the DS-7608NI-M2/8P

The I-series should work fine in most cases, I would only recommend upgrading if you plan to fully load your 8-channel NVR with 8MP AcuSense/ColorVu cameras as the M-series models support more incoming bandwidth.

The current recommended 8-channel NVR would be the DS-7608NI-M2/8P

The I-series should work fine in most cases, I would only recommend upgrading if you plan to fully load your 8-channel NVR with 8MP AcuSense/ColorVu cameras as the M-series models support more incoming bandwidth.
My nvr is running 8 x 8mp colourvu cams at the moment

okay,

If you are getting stable results from the I-series running 8 x ColorVu cameras then that is fine.

I assume you are not running max settings and/or your scenes are quite low activity because for medium to busy scenes with cameras at max settings, we have seen 8MP ColorVu cameras use around 15Mbps each and the NVR only supports upto 80Mbps incoming bandwidth.

the 8 cams are all on hd and they do work fine .. the only issue I have sometimes is with the hik connect app and saving playback …for some reason I get this message and saved playback doesn’t play …and yet sometimes it’s fine ..which is all a bit frustrating Ive read that the minimum recording time is 10 seconds but my recordings are about a minute . … so I’m a bit confused on this one !
IMG_0919.png

Back