01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware Firmware update for my ds-7716ni-i4/16p nvr?

markc

I cannot seem to find any firmware updates for my ds-7716ni-i4/16p nvr on the hikvision website, i am currently running an old firmware v3.4.95 build 1700626, I spoke to tech support yesterday and they said they would send me a link to find them but still waiting, I know its quite a few updates but thats fine, does anyone know where i can find them?

I cannot seem to find any firmware updates for my ds-7716ni-i4/16p nvr on the hikvision website, i am currently running an old firmware v3.4.95 build 1700626, I spoke to tech support yesterday and they said they would send me a link to find them but still waiting, I know its quite a few updates but thats fine, does anyone know where i can find them?
They're all in the UK portal here:

You'll need to update through multiple versions. I'll post a screenshot in a moment with which ones to use....

Here you go:

Screenshot 2023-10-14 at 10.52.04.png

That'll take a while - 8 updates. It's important that after each update, when the recorder reboots, that you delete your browser history before accessing the web interface again, otherwise you may get page not found errors (you definitely would after the first update as V3 to V4 brings huge changes to the GUI). Of course you don't have to do the updates using a browser. You could use a USB drive. If you do that you'll need to put the single, extracted 'digicap.dav' file on the root of a drive, plug it in and do the updates via the maintenance menu (you'd have to unplug the drive each time and replace the file with the next version)

Last edited:
Thanks jb1970 I've been on the portal and just displays software no firmware, it just shows file path does not exist?

Thanks jb1970 I've been on the portal and just displays software no firmware, it just shows file path does not exist?
Thats a browser issue, someone reported it the other day. It happens for me if I use"http://" rather than "www." - my link should work, the portal is definitely online with all files present.

Thanks again jb but when I click on your link it still displays file path does not exist, I'm using chrome would that matter? Should I try something else?
I can see it works for you because of the screen shot you posted but not for me any ideas?

Thanks again jb but when I click on your link it still displays file path does not exist, I'm using chrome would that matter? Should I try something else?
I can see it works for you because of the screen shot you posted but not for me any ideas?
yeah just use a different browser - try edge and Firefox maybe. Also make sure you're not using a VPN. I notice that I can't get on Hikvision sites with my VPN working

Hi jb
thanks for the help i currently downloading them all using edge i just type in hikvision portal and it came straight up.

Again thanks for the help.

Hi jb
thanks for the help i currently downloading them all using edge i just type in hikvision portal and it came straight up.

Again thanks for the help.
Keep in mind that when extracted they'll all have the same name so you must know which is which. My Mac extracts/unzips them automatically to 'digicap.dav' (it's fine to rename them to something else so long as it ends .dav IE: 4.40.017.dav)

They're all in the UK portal here:

You'll need to update through multiple versions. I'll post a screenshot in a moment with which ones to use....

Here you go:

View attachment 9983

That'll take a while - 8 updates. It's important that after each update, when the recorder reboots, that you delete your browser history before accessing the web interface again, otherwise you may get page not found errors (you definitely would after the first update as V3 to V4 brings huge changes to the GUI). Of course you don't have to do the updates using a browser. You could use a USB drive. If you do that you'll need to put the single, extracted 'digicap.dav' file on the root of a drive, plug it in and do the updates via the maintenance menu (you'd have to unplug the drive each time and replace the file with the next version)
I am in the USA and have a DS-7716NI-1416P Build V4.1.70 181227

Where can I get USA firmware or is the EU ok to use?

Would I start at firmware... V4.22.005 build191208

I am afraid to brick my NVR

Thanks

Last edited:
Where can I get USA firmware or is the EU ok to use?
It's a question that's come up on here a number of times. It's not clear whether there are any differences between the versions. I think you should be fine as there are other US users on this site that use the firmware. I often use the Hikvision global site for firmware rather than the UK one. If you're on 4.1.70_181227 currently, you'd be advised to step through the following versions indicated on the image below. As a precaution be sure to delete browser history after each update.

What's a bit strange is your current version of 4.1.70 isn't in the list and 4.1.63 in the list, an earlier revision, has a later build date of Jan 11th 2019. Unfortunately as this is a UK forum, there's no-one who can confirm 100% whether you're ok using UK/EU firmware and it would be at you own risk.

Screenshot 2023-12-23 at 10.09.48.png

Thank you, I hope I don't brick the NVR. I found this site.

Last edited:
Thank you, I hope I don't brick the NVR. I found this site.

I don't know how to do screen shot but I saved as a PDF

Attachments

• Video recorders _ Hikvision US _ The world’s largest video surveillance manufacturer.pdf
    1,012.2 KB · Views: 113
I don't know how to do screen shot but I saved as a PDF
Well looking at that one of those 4.60.005 versions shown in your linked page has the same build date (220108) as the one EU portal so they're likely the same.

Back