01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Freezing when not on wifi

Lrh123

Hello,

I have noticed that when using the app and not connected to the same LAN that the DVR is on the live view freezes after a couple of seconds. The app doesn't freeze just the live view from each of the cameras. I presume this is a set up issue, but not sure how, the ports are forwarded correctly. If anyone has any suggestions I would really appreciate the help. I have tried using the app on 4G and alternative WIFI, and get the same results. When I am connected to home wifi there are no issues.

Kind Regards,

Luke.

I bet that you have problem with upload on your home network. You could test that with downgrading bitrate from your DVR.

I have that situation on my DVR, but my upload speed from router is 1(max 2) Mbps.

Just checked my upload and Im getting 32mbps so I'm not sure if its that.

Try switching the stream from HD to Standard - no real need for HD on a phone screen as there’s little difference. If you’re using Hik Connect app and have connected via the Hik Connect server then the connection bandwidth is managed so it’s not obvious what’s causing the freezing. If you connect using the IP/Domain method you can switch directly between the main stream and sub stream.

Changed from HD > Basic and its still freezing, but then changing from BASIC back to HD, seems to work, strange issue, hopefully it sorts itself out.

If it happens again just add the site again manually using your external IP address (manual adding > IP/Domain) instead of Hik Connect. This gives you a direct connection rather than being managed by Hikvisions server. A couple of downsides to that though. If you’re on any other network than Virgin you’re likely to have an IP address that changes frequently (I use DynDNS to get around that) Also if your router doesn’t support loop back you’ll need to add the site twice - once with the LAN address (for when you’re on your home WiFi) and once with the external IP (for when you’re away)

Back