01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Front House Camera(s)

volts

Having already protected a vehicle to the rear of my house using a 4mm Hikvision turrent 2MP (was under special offer) (should have been a 2.8mm as the car is quite close the the camera) Anyway nonetheless i am impressed with the image and night vision (plus been a IP it can be upgraded in future ad-infinitum)

Now attention is need at the front of the house. I'm thinking of turrets mounted to the underside of the 'eves' for added weather protection. with the lines been the ideal lines of sight (of course this is just artist interpretation) Prehaps something from the "Darkfighter" range for the red and green circle,with the red circle the one i'd mount up first. Now the purple circle covering the front door would have to be a bullet to push it away from the wall. (this is only a consideration at the moment with focus on the turret cameras.

If the turret camera (red circle) could cover the driveway i'd be happy but i'm aware of the don't cover large area with 1 camera rule

Thanks

Hi @volts

Yes, I would agree about using the Darkfighter Turrets on the soffits at the front, we would recommend either the 2345 4MP Turret or the 2385G1 8MP Turret, and we would actually recommend mounting in the middle of the soffit between the 2 windows because with a wide FoV and a high mounting position if you put the camera far left or right you will end up covering more of your neighbours property than you want. see this video demo

It is not a turret model but it gives you an example of the kind of area you cover with different focal lengths, the garden in the video is 10m wide from fence to fence, it is roughly 20m to the top of the path where it meets the grass and the camera is about 4m high. The video starts with the camera at about 4mm focal length and then we go wider to 2.8mm and you can see how much more of the neighbours properties you see when we do that.

For the side camera, we would agree that a Mini Bullet is a good option and we would recommend the 2085 8MP model as it is the only one available in the 6mm option. We would also suggest mounting it lower than the turret cameras because mounting high with a narrow FoV will mean that you are looking very steeply down at the top of peoples heads.

Back