01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Gmail test successful but no real emails

WebDev

Hi guys

I've a 4MP HIKVISION cube camera which I purchased from here.

After a bit of reading and some changes, I finally succeeded in getting a test email out to my gmail account.

However, upon motion detection I receieve nothing. Have checked spam folders too and waited a few hours.

Is this because GMAIL is in fact still NOT working (despite the test success) or because something else isn't set up correctly?

Any help much appreciated.

Hi Phil
All working now. I meant to update the thread earlier.
I had to go into some settings and re-save them for some reason but those guides are very handy too. Thanks for highlighting them.

The only thing I've left to work on is why it emails me three images in particular. Where did it get that from?

I have settings to take 10 snapshots at a second apart but I still get three. Wierd. Any ideas?

Hmm, I thought three was standard, didn't know you could change - not seen settings as you describe?

Yeah it's interesting. If three is standard, then where is it specified? It must be a system setting which the end-user can't over-ride.

Email images (see screenshot)
We can enable Attached image and an interval but there's no mention of how many images to attach.
I think this is a badly missing feature.

General Capture (see screenshot)
I have specified 10 images upon motion detection. Upon review it seems these are storage specific though (my bad) and not connected to the email functionality.

In general I'd say that the ability to fire off a user-specified amount of images and the ability to choose an interval is invaluable. It's something I really miss from my old D-link camera.

On a practical level it means that I can quickly see a summary of an event without having to login remotely to my camera and try to load a video. Even a low-resolution video over my phones connection can mean I'm waiting (and missing) crucial settings.

Attachments

• HIKVISION-email.png
    HIKVISION-email.png
    80.8 KB · Views: 1,930
  • HIKVISION-capture.png
    HIKVISION-capture.png
    76.5 KB · Views: 1,076
Back