01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Grainy image from DS-2CD2387G2-LU 4K ColorVu turret camera?

Munzz

I'm testing this camera at the moment but find the quality very grainy and occasionally see "moving lines" across the image.

I'm on the latest firmware (V5.7.3 build 211222) and this is well below the standard of the last few 4k cameras I have fitted for customers.

Here is a screen grab from indoors, you'll see that my face is very grainy and lacks detail/focus, what could be causing this?

Last edited:
At a first guess, it's an awkward combo of a 2.8mm camera providing a very wide field of view with a bright light source in the centre of the view causing the camera to struggle to render your face in bright, clear detail.
The light source may also be causing the lines that you have seen.

If you're seeing banding across your screen while watching the live view - it'll be due to the frequency of the lights (Particularly if they are LED's). You'll need to adjust your shutter speed to a setting where it's no longer seen (Usually around 1/100th of a second does it for me)

I mounted this camera externally today and it’s perfect, default image settings are delivering great results for now, no doubt I’ll tweak over the next few weeks.

The only thing I’m keen to do now is allow the LED light to activate on event (this works) but only during darkness.

Thanks for your input all, cracking forum.

I mounted this camera externally today and it’s perfect, default image settings are delivering great results for now, no doubt I’ll tweak over the next few weeks.

The only thing I’m keen to do now is allow the LED light to activate on event (this works) but only during darkness.

Thanks for your input all, cracking forum.
I learned that the LED only depends on the outsight light. If its get dark, the LED turns on. (Its a sensor insight or based on the lux) Not on daylight. Maybe hikvision will fix this or bring a new option with a new firmware. For the perfect color picture in the dark, the colorvu camera needs that led! Without led, the picture is not that good!

Back