01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Green portion on Hik-Connect & Main Stream not showing on NVR view

CMA

Hi,

I have 3 DS-2CD2386G2 cameras connected to my DS-7608NXI-I2/8P NVR and when viewing the stream via the NVR web access, it only seems possible to view the sub stream, not the main stream. If I drop the quality of the main stream from 3840*2160 to 3200*1800 then it shows it fine.

Also when viewing the cameras on Hik-Connect app on my mobile, they all work fine in Basic (which I'm assuming is the sub stream) but on the HD option (which I'm assuming is the main stream) half or a third of the screen goes green and you cant see that part of it. Tried on Wifi and on 4g/5g connections but all the same. But when viewing the recorded footage everything is visible.

Is this down to my setup or is this a known issue? Are there any options to resolve this without dropping the quality of the main stream, which I guess drops the quality of the recording? Have Hikvision produced cameras that their software can't handle?

NVR Firmware Version V4.61.000 build 220507
Camera Firmware Version V5.7.3 build 220216

Downgrade your firmware from NVR Firmware Version V4.61.000 build 220507 TO V4.51 and it will fix it.

I had the exact same issue ( Green part and main stream resolution not working correctly. )

half or a third of the screen goes green and you cant see that part of it.
I have noticed this issue regardless of firmware. It's linked to using Stream Encryption on the NVR.
If you disable it, the green blocking disappears, and the image returns to being fluent in HD mode in HikConnect.

Sort of makes sense, as encryption takes additional processing on NVR/HikConnect platform/Phone. Wish HikVision would address this, as I've disabled encryption when I'd rather leave it on.

Reactions: CMA
I had the green on v4.6x with and without encryption enabled.

Downgraded back to v4.51 and now it works perfectly, stream encryption is enabled. I use Gen2 4MP cameras

Which 4.51 did you downgrade to? I'll give it a try in case the 4.51 I used also had the issue?

Which 4.51 did you downgrade to? I'll give it a try in case the 4.51 I used also had the issue?
Model
DS-7732NXI-I4 / S
Firmware Version
V4.51.200 build 211026
Encoding Version
V5.0 build 211019

I have noticed this issue regardless of firmware. It's linked to using Stream Encryption on the NVR.
If you disable it, the green blocking disappears, and the image returns to being fluent in HD mode in HikConnect.

Sort of makes sense, as encryption takes additional processing on NVR/HikConnect platform/Phone. Wish HikVision would address this, as I've disabled encryption when I'd rather leave it on.
Thanks for that, I've left the firmware the same and turned off the encryption and it has seemingly solved the problem for now on both the app and the NVR view. Not impressed that security is compromised though so I hope Hikvision take a look at resolving this so we can turn it back on.

I tired as Thor suggested. Downgraded to latest version of 4.51 (V4.51.025 build210927), and with encryption enabled, the stream is fine.

I did not narrow down from which version of 4.6x the issue starts, but it definitely is due to stream encryption as I've already mentioned.

For anyone on the thread, or comes across this post later, this issue is fixed in latest 4.61.25 firmware.

DS-7608NI-I2/8P
Thanks for the post, I've checked my NVR firmware for an available update and my DS-7608NXI-I2/8P NVR is now updated to V4.61.067 build 220928 I've turned on the encryption and no green screen there now, will monitor in daylight too.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Thanks for the post, I've checked my NVR firmware for an available update and my DS-7608NXI-I2/8P NVR is now updated to V4.61.067 build 220928 I've turned on the encryption and no green screen there now, will monitor in daylight too.

Cheers!
Did you Update Online? Because every time I search for a new update it says you are using latest version!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221025_061341_com.kiwibrowser.browser.png
    Screenshot_20221025_061341_com.kiwibrowser.browser.png
    35.8 KB · Views: 127
Sorry to confirm that the online check has never worked yet - it always tells you that you are on the latest! :(

Back