01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Door Entry Have I purchased the correct door camera? [DS-KV61X3-(w)PE1(c)]

Hi @StuartW

No it's fine, I'm sure what you've already said will be helpful to some other users.

But do brace yourself for 100s of forum users now asking you for details of how you set your system up :D

Should probably add that there's a static route to the the camera subnet with the NVR LAN subnet address as the gateway added on the router, to allow return traffic...

Thank you @StuartW ... for a project I'm working on I need to be able to access the cameras connected to NVR PoE ports from the LAN using their native IP address rather than NVR_ip:6500x ... I knew I had this working in the past with a static route in my main router but could not seem to get it working again until I stumbled upon your note here... I was mistakenly setting the gateway for the static route to the router's IP address rather than the NVR's LAN IP address! Thanks! :)

Can you simultaneously view calling image on Indoor Station and Hik-Connect app?
I also have bell notification on Hik-Connect when Indoor Station is added to my account but I don't have caller image.
Same thing happens when DS-KV6113 is viewed directly through iVMS4200 or browser. Cannot view but only through NVR

Can you simultaneously view calling image on Indoor Station and Hik-Connect app?
I also have bell notification on Hik-Connect when Indoor Station is added to my account but I don't have caller image.
Same thing happens when DS-KV6113 is viewed directly through iVMS4200 or browser. Cannot view but only through NVR
Can someone explain the benefit of the indoor station.

I'm thinking of using the doorbell via Hik-connect app and not purchase the indoor station.

What are the pros and cons.

Thanks

Can someone explain the benefit of the indoor station.

I'm thinking of using the doorbell via Hik-connect app and not purchase the indoor station.

What are the pros and cons.

Thanks
The main pro is that it'll ring on the indoor station, so you have an audible alert in the house when the doorbell is pressed that does not rely on the Hik-Connect service. However if you don't need the door release relay on the doorbell, you can now reprogram that output to trigger when pushed. That allows you to hook it up to a wireless bell push so that you have 'normal' doorbell functionality alongside Hik-Connect.

The main pro is that it'll ring on the indoor station, so you have an audible alert in the house when the doorbell is pressed that does not rely on the Hik-Connect service. However if you don't need the door release relay on the doorbell, you can now reprogram that output to trigger when pushed. That allows you to hook it up to a wireless bell push so that you have 'normal' doorbell functionality alongside Hik-Connect.
Is there a good link showing how we can connect a door chime to the doorbell?

Is there a good link showing how we can connect a door chime to the doorbell?
I did a post on here somewhere. You need to butcher a wireless doorbell push (I used a Byron one from B&Q) and solder a pair of wires across the bell push PCB. That push can go in a box on the inside of the door and the wires join to the relay output which is reprogrammed from door release to 'mechanical doorbell'. When the Hikvision bell is pushed the relay momentarily triggers the wireless bell push so you have both a conventional door bell and Hik-Connect.

Back