01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Door Entry Have I purchased the correct door camera? [DS-KV61X3-(w)PE1(c)]

Carl

Hi,

I have just bought a Hikvision door cam DS-KV61X3-(w)PE1(c)
I intend to use it as a ’Ring’ door bell on the HiK connect platform on my phone.
My security cameras are already on.

Have I bought the right model, there are differing opinions?

Replies gratefully received.
Cheers.

Hi Carl,

Yes, the DS-KV6113-WPE1(C) can be used as a "Ring" doorbell to send notifications to the Hik-Connect app.

The key thing you need to be aware of is that the DS-KV6113-WPE1(C) cannot be directly plugged into the PoE ports on an NVR. If you want the doorbell notifications, it needs to be connected to the network separately (most likely using a PoE Injector) and then added to the app as a separate device.

I'm thinking of purchasing a doorbell of some sort and would like to be able to connect it to my current NVR\Hik-Connect setup.

Would you recommend this DS-KV6113-WPE1(C) or something else?

I sent my variant back.
From what I gather it will link with the Hikvision app, but does not interface with your NVR.
It is a stand alone system. primarily designed for door entry control.

I sent my variant back.
From what I gather it will link with the Hikvision app, but does not interface with your NVR.
It is a stand alone system. primarily designed for door entry control.
I was aware of that. Have you sourced an alternative?

EZVIZ DB1 3MP Video Doorbell.​

Just ordered, manufacturer Hikvision.

Hi @Carl

Who told you that the Hikvision Intercom "does not interface with your NVR"?

The DS-KV6113-WPE1(C) can be added to a Hikvision NVR, it just can't be plugged directly into the PoE ports on the NVR.

The EZVIZ model will work with the EZVIZ app but probably won't work with Hik-Connect, also the DB1 only works via WiFi so cannot be added to a Hikvision NVR.

Hi @Carl

Who told you that the Hikvision Intercom "does not interface with your NVR"?

The DS-KV6113-WPE1(C) can be added to a Hikvision NVR, it just can't be plugged directly into the PoE ports on the NVR.

The EZVIZ model will work with the EZVIZ app but probably won't work with Hik-Connect, also the DB1 only works via WiFi so cannot be added to a Hikvision NVR.
Hi @Dan

Would you recommend DS-KV6113-WPE1(C) or do you think there is a better alternative?

Hi @Whisky

If you want a device with the basic doorbell function that will notify the Hik-Connect app and can also be connected to a PoE Injector/PoE switch to let you add it to a Hikvision NVR, then the DS-KV6113-WPE1(C) is what we would recommend.

Hi Carl,

Yes, the DS-KV6113-WPE1(C) can be used as a "Ring" doorbell to send notifications to the Hik-Connect app.

The key thing you need to be aware of is that the DS-KV6113-WPE1(C) cannot be directly plugged into the PoE ports on an NVR. If you want the doorbell notifications, it needs to be connected to the network separately (most likely using a PoE Injector) and then added to the app as a separate device.
Dan,

Could you dig deeper into this explanation please? I have a DS-KV6113-WPE1(C) in the back of the NVR, and notifications work just fine.

Hi @StuartW

So you have the intercom plugged directly into the PoE ports on your NVR, you have the NVR added to Hik-Connect, and you are receiving notifications & can answer calls when the doorbell is pressed?

Which NVR model are you using and what firmware version are you currently running?

Hi @StuartW

So you have the intercom plugged directly into the PoE ports on your NVR, you have the NVR added to Hik-Connect, and you are receiving notifications & can answer calls when the doorbell is pressed?

Which NVR model are you using and what firmware version are you currently running?
The intercom is plugged into a PoE port on the NVR - DS-7608NI-I2. I do not have Hik-Connect on the NVR set up, but have configured this on the indoor station (also using a PoE port). I do have virtual host setting configured to allow the camera side LAN access through the NVR to the internet.

The intercom is plugged into a PoE port on the NVR - DS-7608NI-I2. I do not have Hik-Connect on the NVR set up, but have configured this on the indoor station (also using a PoE port). I do have virtual host setting configured to allow the camera side LAN access through the NVR to the internet.
Should probably add that there's a static route to the the camera subnet with the NVR LAN subnet address as the gateway added on the router, to allow return traffic...

okay,

so you are using an indoor station with the intercom and not using Hik-Connect.

I had oversimplified it when I explained it above because I usually assume most users want notifications to their mobile when the doorbell is pressed.

If you are only using an intercom & indoor station and both are directly connected to the NVR PoE ports then notifications/calls to the indoor station will work, but if you were to then add the NVR to the Hik-Connect app, the notifications would not pop-up in the app.

If you want to receive notifications/calls from the intercom in the app, the intercom cannot be directly connected to the NVR PoE ports (also, if you want notifications to both the app and the indoor station, the indoor station also can't be plugged into the NVR PoE ports because it has to be on the same local network range as the intercom to receive the notifications).

okay,

so you are using an indoor station with the intercom and not using Hik-Connect.

I had oversimplified it when I explained it above because I usually assume most users want notifications to their mobile when the doorbell is pressed.

If you are only using an intercom & indoor station and both are directly connected to the NVR PoE ports then notifications/calls to the indoor station will work, but if you were to then add the NVR to the Hik-Connect app, the notifications would not pop-up in the app.

If you want to receive notifications/calls from the intercom in the app, the intercom cannot be directly connected to the NVR PoE ports (also, if you want notifications to both the app and the indoor station, the indoor station also can't be plugged into the NVR PoE ports because it has to be on the same local network range as the intercom to receive the notifications).
Sorry if I didn't make this clear - Both the primary door station and the indoor station are in PoE ports on the NVR. The indoor station is connected to Hik-Connect, and calls and notifications come through on the app, and to the secondary indoor station, and to phone handsets that are connected to FreePBX (both of which are on the LAN side.

Hi @StuartW

so it looks like you have a better understanding of networks than most of the Hikvision users we deal with, as you've explained above it is technically possible to have the devices directly connected and work with the Hik-Connect app but it does require that static route you describe to be able to reach the NVR subnet from the LAN.

From our experience, this kind of network knowledge is way beyond most home users.

So what I explained above, is mainly aimed at the entry-level user that already has an NVR and just wants a simple Plug & Play intercom to add to their system.

We had many early cases where users got confused by this, so we recommend connecting the intercom to the LAN rather than the NVR PoE ports as the simplest option to avoid this problem.

Hi @StuartW

so it looks like you have a better understanding of networks than most of the Hikvision users we deal with, as you've explained above it is technically possible to have the devices directly connected and work with the Hik-Connect app but it does require that static route you describe to be able to reach the NVR subnet from the LAN.

From our experience, this kind of network knowledge is way beyond most home users.

So what I explained above, is mainly aimed at the entry-level user that already has an NVR and just wants a simple Plug & Play intercom to add to their system.

We had many early cases where users got confused by this, so we recommend connecting the intercom to the LAN rather than the NVR PoE ports as the simplest option to avoid this problem.
A 25 year career in networks would probably do that :)

Agreed, this isn't exactly a plug and play configuration, so happy if you want to remove the posts to stop any confusion.

Back