01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware Having trouble locating firmware for my DS-2DE3A400BW-DE Pro version camera?

warpy

I possess a DS-2DE3A400BW-DE, specifically the Pro version rather than the Value series. Regrettably, attempting to install firmware intended for the Value series results in an error. I have discovered only a single Hikvision website that offers firmware compatible with the Pro series (DS-2DE3A404IW-DE) all other Hikvision country sites predominantly feature the Value series firmware, which is incompatible with my device. I would greatly appreciate any assistance, as this firmware is required to hopefully resolve an issue I'm encountering with the Pan-Tilt-Zoom functionality and the initial position setting, which is not operating correctly.

Hi @warpy

I'm not aware of a Pro version of this model, we have only ever seen this model listed as a Value model.

Can you please log in to the camera, go to Configuration > System > Basic Information, and confirm what the "Firmware Version Property" is for this camera? (should be the last box at the bottom of the Basic Information menu)

Hi @warpy

I'm not aware of a Pro version of this model, we have only ever seen this model listed as a Value model.

Can you please log in to the camera, go to Configuration > System > Basic Information, and confirm what the "Firmware Version Property" is for this camera? (should be the last box at the bottom of the Basic Information menu)
Hi Dan, sure here is a screenshot. I have attempted to download every single firmware from value series and it fails. Only pro works from the American site around 6 months ago, which has now been removed, please take note of the directory structures here:

Note: The region showing the pro series version doesnt have the option for a firmware to download: DS-2DE3A404IW-DE

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-10 074846.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-04-10 074846.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot 2024-04-10 075739.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-10 075739.png
    231.1 KB · Views: 28
  • Screenshot 2024-04-10 075831.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-10 075831.png
    193 KB · Views: 22
  • Screenshot 2024-04-10 075900.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-10 075900.png
    43.4 KB · Views: 26
  • Screenshot 2024-04-10 075925.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-10 075925.png
    41.3 KB · Views: 32
Thanks @warpy

As I expected this Pro version of this model is clearly region-specific (either US or Malaysia - that Pro webpage is from the MY/Malaysia Hikvision website) and you probably won't be able to use any firmware from our usual UK/EU firmware sources.

If the Pro model has been removed from the US site then that might suggest this model is going EOL and there won't be any new firmware for it.

As it is an obscure model that has never been for sale in our region there isn't much help we can offer, we can only recommend that you try getting confirmation (via your original seller or Hikvision directly) as to whether or not there is newer firmware available for this model.

Thanks @warpy

As I expected this Pro version of this model is clearly region-specific (either US or Malaysia - that Pro webpage is from the MY/Malaysia Hikvision website) and you probably won't be able to use any firmware from our usual UK/EU firmware sources.

If the Pro model has been removed from the US site then that might suggest this model is going EOL and there won't be any new firmware for it.

As it is an obscure model that has never been for sale in our region there isn't much help we can offer, we can only recommend that you try getting confirmation (via your original seller or Hikvision directly) as to whether or not there is newer firmware available for this model.
Thats concerning, since the Australian online store that I have used for years guarantees that all their gear is sourced through Australian channels and is genuine Australian stock and even mentions about dodgy Malaysian gear being sold as authentic from other sellers.. I have 8x cameras from them and an NVR.... I will find out what the deal is, as they are still selling this model of camera.

Hi @warpy

Yes, contacting the original seller is probably the best way to try and straighten out exactly what model you have and what firmware version it should be using.

One final thing that I just noticed, the product pages you've screenshotted above are not actually for your camera model.

They are all 3A404IW models but your model is a 3A400BW and might use different firmware to those models you've been looking at.

Have you tried updating to the V5.8.0_231109 firmware that is on the Australian Hikvision product page for the DS-2DE3A400BW-DE(T5)?

Hi @warpy

Yes, contacting the original seller is probably the best way to try and straighten out exactly what model you have and what firmware version it should be using.

One final thing that I just noticed, the product pages you've screenshotted above are not actually for your camera model.

They are all 3A404IW models but your model is a 3A400BW and might use different firmware to those models you've been looking at.

Have you tried updating to the V5.8.0_231109 firmware that is on the Australian Hikvision product page for the DS-2DE3A400BW-DE(T5)?
Thanks Dan, I sure have it is just shows the progress bar when updating and goes from 0-1 and then back to 0 again and then the progress bat disappears with the following:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-10 211045.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-10 211045.png
    62.7 KB · Views: 22
Back