01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware Issue finding correct firmware for my newly bought DS-2DE3A400BW-DE(F1)(S5)(B) ColorVu PT camera on the Europe/UK portal?

Aomega001

Hello all,
I have an issue in that I cannot find the correct fw for my newly bought DS-2DE3A400BW-DE(F1)(S5)(B) ColorVu PT camera on the Europe/UK portal. The main reason to update is that the camera does not record audio, it is hooked up to a Hikvision NVR DS-7608NI-K2 / 8P and I have enabled all feeds as Video/Audio in both the NVR and cameras settings . I can only find a similar model which ends (T5) not (S5)B. I have however found the correct model on the Hikvision.com website. I had heard that in some cases installing the firmware from the .com site can brick units that are UK models, is that true or am I safe to upgrade the firmware from the .com sit to my UK version unit? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Edit I forgot to mention the fw I have on the unit at the moment is V5.5.802 build 210629, the one available on the .com site is V5.5.803_211112.

Last edited:
Hi @Aomega001

The latest firmware for your PT camera is v5.5.802

Also, I would check that you have followed all the steps in the below forum post to get the audio working.

Thank you very much for the help. Why do Hikvision have to make their downloads pages so convoluted??? I just looked at the folders you had to navigate through "03 Front Ends » Speed Dome (PTZ) » G3 Platform(DS-2DExxxx(S5),DS-2SE7Cxxxx(S5)) » DS-2DExxxx(S5) » DS-2DE3Axxxx(S5)(B) » V5.5.802_210629 (Replace 5.5.41)" Just for your info though when I used your "find the latest firmware" page, it could not find my units firmware even when I put the full model in? As for the sound I have now sorted that one out, thanks. I read a different forum about getting the camera to send email alerts, it said if you are using an NVR alongside the camera then you need to set camera to manual in the camera management page, not Plug and Play and then the NVR doesn't try to override the settings in the camera. That gave me a thought so I followed the OP's instructions, et voila, I now have sound on the recordings. Even though I had the video/audio settings the same in both the NVR and the camera on all streams. I think Hikvision need to work on it's firmware so the NVR doesn't try to control the camera or conflict with it, maybe add a button saying something along the lines of, Enable/Disable NVR allowed to override settings of camera? Now I shall try to set up the Auto track on my DS-2DE4A225IW-DE, as I have a sneeking suspicion that is exactly why the camera Auto tracks perfectly when not connected to the NVR but will not when it is connected to the NVR.

Hi @Aomega001

Yes, the more products they add the more confusing the firmware categories become.

When I searched for "DS-2DE3A400BW-DE(F1)(S5)" on the 'Find the Latest PTZ Firmware' forum post I found it, you are correct that the latest (B) version was not on the list but it does use that same G3 platform firmware so I will add it to the list.

Good to hear the audio issue is fixed, hopefully as you suggest the same fix will resolve your auto-tracking issue as well.

Sorry for the late reply @Dan

The auto-tracking was indeed solved in the same way as the audio problem, my NVR now only records when the auto-tracking is triggered, so far fewer false alerts. It would be nice of Hikvision if they were clearer when adding a camera to the system with maybe a prompt saying "If you choose the Plug and Play option the NVR will take over all settings for the cameras" Both of the issues would never had arisen if I had know about Manual and plug and play adding and what the differences were between the two. Thank you for your help with the firmware, it's much appreciated. I hope this thread helps anyone with sound or tracking issues, through an NVR.

Hello all,
I have an issue in that I cannot find the correct fw for my newly bought DS-2DE3A400BW-DE(F1)(S5)(B) ColorVu PT camera on the Europe/UK portal. The main reason to update is that the camera does not record audio, it is hooked up to a Hikvision NVR DS-7608NI-K2 / 8P and I have enabled all feeds as Video/Audio in both the NVR and cameras settings . I can only find a similar model which ends (T5) not (S5)B. I have however found the correct model on the Hikvision.com website. I had heard that in some cases installing the firmware from the .com site can brick units that are UK models, is that true or am I safe to upgrade the firmware from the .com sit to my UK version unit? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Edit I forgot to mention the fw I have on the unit at the moment is V5.5.802 build 210629, the one available on the .com site is V5.5.803_211112.

The is not the latest firmware.
Use this one: (Firmware: IPDE_G3_EN_STD_5.5.803_211112) 4 MP ColorVu PT Camera

Hello, It is from the U.S.
I once used firmware from the US site before and it was very costly as it bricked the camera. I will wait until the European site has the latest available, thank you.

Thank you very much for the help. Why do Hikvision have to make their downloads pages so convoluted??? I just looked at the folders you had to navigate through "03 Front Ends » Speed Dome (PTZ) » G3 Platform(DS-2DExxxx(S5),DS-2SE7Cxxxx(S5)) » DS-2DExxxx(S5) » DS-2DE3Axxxx(S5)(B) » V5.5.802_210629 (Replace 5.5.41)" Just for your info though when I used your "find the latest firmware" page, it could not find my units firmware even when I put the full model in? As for the sound I have now sorted that one out, thanks. I read a different forum about getting the camera to send email alerts, it said if you are using an NVR alongside the camera then you need to set camera to manual in the camera management page, not Plug and Play and then the NVR doesn't try to override the settings in the camera. That gave me a thought so I followed the OP's instructions, et voila, I now have sound on the recordings. Even though I had the video/audio settings the same in both the NVR and the camera on all streams. I think Hikvision need to work on it's firmware so the NVR doesn't try to control the camera or conflict with it, maybe add a button saying something along the lines of, Enable/Disable NVR allowed to override settings of camera? Now I shall try to set up the Auto track on my DS-2DE4A225IW-DE, as I have a sneeking suspicion that is exactly why the camera Auto tracks perfectly when not connected to the NVR but will not when it is connected to the NVR.
For me, non of these links work. Perhaps the site has been taken down?

Those links all seem fine this morning - checked from the UK.

Those links all seem fine this morning - checked from the UK.
Screenshot 2023-02-01 163151.png

Hi @warpy

We right-clicked the hyperlink and copied the URL, below is the URL we get:

-----http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/uk/portal/?dir=portal%2FProduct%20Firmware%2FHikvision%2F03%20Front%20Ends%2FSpeed%20Dome%20%28PTZ%29%2FG3%20Platform%28DS-2DExxxx%28S5%29%2CDS-2SE7Cxxxx%28S5%29%29%2FDS-2DExxxx%28S5%29%2FDS-2DE3Axxxx%28S5%29%28B%29----

For some reason, your link is adding "V5.5.802_210629%20%28Replace%205.5.41%29" to the end of the URL (this text is the text that comes after the last URL link in the original post)

Another forum user reported another very similar issue and they resolved it by disabling Ad Blocking software, disabling all browser extensions, and trying a different browser. See below:

Hi @warpy

We right-clicked the hyperlink and copied the URL, below is the URL we get:

-----http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/uk/portal/?dir=portal%2FProduct%20Firmware%2FHikvision%2F03%20Front%20Ends%2FSpeed%20Dome%20%28PTZ%29%2FG3%20Platform%28DS-2DExxxx%28S5%29%2CDS-2SE7Cxxxx%28S5%29%29%2FDS-2DExxxx%28S5%29%2FDS-2DE3Axxxx%28S5%29%28B%29----

For some reason, your link is adding "V5.5.802_210629%20%28Replace%205.5.41%29" to the end of the URL (this text is the text that comes after the last URL link in the original post)

Another forum user reported another very similar issue and they resolved it by disabling Ad Blocking software, disabling all browser extensions, and trying a different browser. See below:
Thanks Dan.

I managed to manually navigate to the location using the folder names in the link. :)

Reactions: Dan
Hello,
why the latest firmware (Firmware_V5.5.803_211112) is a smaller number than mine: V5.7.4 build 221130
What is wrong?

Attachments

• ptz.png
    ptz.png
    39.9 KB · Views: 175
Hi @poznai

v5.7.4 is actually the latest version available for this model and can be downloaded from the Hikvision product page.

Unfortunately, Hikvision doesn't always update the firmware portal so you have to check both the portal and website for the latest firmware.

I have noticed that because I have a pro series, I can't download value series firmware for this model. (The type of upgrade file mismatches)

Back