01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Help me pick an intercom

nathanb

I finally have my electric gates in, and re-visiting intercom options to purchase.

I posted two months ago and @macman did a brilliant job of answering my technical questions. I am back to ask for people's experiences with using electric gates/intercom and which of these two to go for:
  • DS-KV8113-WME1
  • DS-KD8003-IME1
From what I can tell, whichever I go for will basically be the same hardware/platform, except the DS-KV8113-WME1 is limited to badge access.
The only real benefit of the DS-KD8003-IME1 for my setup is being able to install keypads so regular visitors can enter and exit, without someone having to let them in.

General questions:
  • So ignoring cost (but is a factor of-course), which system did you go for and why?
  • After gate is opened, will they auto-close based on sensor being tripped, or would hik intercom send a close pulse after set time?
HikVision questions:
  • Can a Hikvision NVR, with free poe port, power the outdoor station or would I need a separate poe switch?
  • Has the firmware/platform got better recently? Seeing lots of grumbles on Hik doing silly things, like not storing the events on an sd card at the indoor station? Is that still the case?
  • What is your setup day to day? Does everyone in your household use hikConnect app to open gates as they come home? Thinking about teenage kids and if I should go for rfid cards, keypad, or just the app.
  • Are Hik support any good? I know use-ip have contacts within Hik. It would be great to know if they take feedback to tweak features
  • Would you pick the system again, or is there another manufacture you have since found and would prefer?
Thanks in advance for any info.

Back