01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Help with human/vehicle filter on iVMS-4200 playback?

gitsui

Hi,

I am a total newbie and need some help

I recently had a professional install a Hikvision CCTV system a couple of months ago. He said he has installed a few but that I am the only customer that seems interested in getting the preferences set up. I have tried to work with him but wasn't really getting anywhere and resorted to my own experimentation and online research with little success. I have 4 cameras set up via a switch into my router, so I can view on my laptop on iVMS-4200 or phone. I don't have a NVR. Basically where smart events capture recordings throughout the day I want to filter these by human or vehicle but the Remote Playback options on iVMS-4200 are red and I can't use them. Does anyone know how I can get the cameras 2046G2 to filter by these events so I can view them on iVMS-4200?

I also have web admin logins if it helps.

Thanks

Pat

Hi @gitsui

Are you using iVMS-4200 on a Windows PC or a Mac?

Hi @gitsui - can you share a screenshot to show the whole remote playback screen when you try to play and filter to footage please?
Are the cameras recording to microSD cards inside them / are you able to see any recordings at all?
Also, are you able to use the Event Playback search, covered here?

Screenshot .jpg

Hi, I am reading off local SD cards only and can do a playback as per the picture attached, however the human/vehicle options don't work.
Screenshot .jpg

I have looked at the youtube video you supplied and when I go into event playback on my iVMS, nothing appears under motion or VCA detection. When I do try and click search in the bottom right an error message appears stating:

Screenshot 2023-06-05 231144.png

I think this may be a limitation of recording to microSD cards on certain cameras - could you let me know which firmware version is installed on your mini bullets, please?

I'm testing a DS-2CD2386G2-IU which is recording both to a microSD card and an NVR, with the same event configuration, and the Human/Vehicle works for the NVR but is greyed out like you're seeing for the recordings on the microSD card.

I'm going to ask Hikvision to confirm that this is correct and test some other versions of iVMS-4200 as well as other AcuSense cameras to see if this is the case with all of them, so I'll let you know what I find...

Hi, the attached should contain all relevant info, let me know if you need anything further. I appreciate you looking into this, as if it it turns out I need a NVR I will be annoyed with the fitter!
Screenshot 2023-06-07 135418.png

Thanks for the screenshot, it's greyed out for me on that same firmware, as well as on other Acusense cameras, and on multiple versions of iVMS-4200.
I'm still waiting to hear back from Hikvision, but my guess is that this filter only works on NVRs.

Hikvision has confirmed that the human and vehicle filtering during playback only works on NVRs in iVMS-4200, sorry to bring bad news!

Thats ok, thanks for looking into this. I contacted my installer about it and he is doing his own research and will likely come back with what you said. If I were to get a NVR, do all the hikvision boxes support that human/vehicle filtering?

No worries - I've checked and can verify that it works on M-Series, I-Series and K-Series NVRs, so I'd assume it also works on the Acusense NVRs.
There are different variants within the easy family (e.g. (B) and (C) versions of the various NVRs), so once you have decided on one to use, I would also ask your supplier if they are able to check that it works on the version they will ship you.

If you are using multiple Acusense cameras, then we recommend using the M-Series models anyway, as they are the newest, most powerful, and have sufficient bandwidth capabilities for the newest cameras. There's more info on the different options too:

Hello Kyle and Team.
I am writing here because i think this is related to the question above.
I have the following devices:
NVR: DS-7616NI-K2 - firmware V4.74.200 build 230522( updated it yesterday)
Cameras: DS-2CD2343G2-IU - firmware V5.7.13 build 230706
Hik-Connect version on android phone - V5.3.1.0721
Link to the release notes:
K51_V4.74.200build230522_ReleaseNotes.pdf (hikvision.com)
Link to the Hikvision site for the NVR:
DS-7616NI-K2 - Pro Series (All) - Hikvision
Link to the Hikvision site for the Cameras:
DS-2CD2343G2-I(U) - Pro Series (All) - Hikvision

Yesterday i found that my NVR has a new firmware release - V4.74.200 build 230522. I have updated the NVR.
The one thing that i love the most from the release notes is the following:
"4. Support using different colors to distinguish event /non-event video
and human/vehicle video for Hik-Connect playback.
Support using different colors to distinguish event video and non-event video for HC
playback. Support quick filtering of human/vehicle video, and human/vehicle videos
display in different colors. "
Unfortunately i have checked my events and there is no such filter as it is shown in the release notes screenshot.
Not sure what should i do add it.
When i am locally and checking the events from the NVR i can filter - human/vehicle events( they are with different colors as well).
But when i open the Hik-Connect app playback there is no such filter.
From your above comment the support version of the NVR is K for human and vehicle events remote view - mine is K so i am covering this.
Can someone advise how this could be done?
Thank you in advance!!!!

Attachments

• Hik-connect.png
    Hik-connect.png
    94.3 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
Just an update. I have downloaded the latest Hik-connect version from the official website of Hikvision and installed in on the phone - Version: 5.3.2.0822. Still the same. No changes.

An update to all who are following this. I have updated my Hik-connect to Version: 5.4.0.0911 a few days ago and today when i woke up i looked at some playback and there it is. The feature was released:

Attachments

• 1111.png
    1111.png
    71.8 KB · Views: 144
I have a DS-7616NI-I2 / 16P NVR with 2387 Gen 2 cams, just cant get this colour coding to work on my NVR when in Hikvision playback. Have set up another 2 NVRs with the same cams and they work fine with the colour coding in the hikvision playback, one is a K series and one is an M series. Is this a limitation of my NVR as I dont think it has accusense built into the NVR (although the cams do and human and vehicle is switched on in the cam setup). Pretty frustrating not to have this.

Hi @scottda

Yes, I believe the I-series NVRs do not support this feature.

Looking at the above comment about it being added to the K-series NVRs they show it being added via a 2023 firmware (build 230522 = release 22/05/23) and the I-series NVRs were recently made EOL and their last major firmware release was V4.61.025 build220905 which is before the K-series 2023 firmware so likely did not include this advanced feature.

Hi @Dan

Thanks for the reply. I feared as much but that’s so annoying as it’s a great feature and the NVR is hardly archaic in age

Back