01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Hik-Connect 6.2.51 - Seems to fix slow loading playback timeline

JB1970

Guru
Trusted Member
Hik-Connect 6.2.51 has been released in the last 24 hours. 'Bug fix' is all that's detailed for the release on the iOS App Store. It does seem (for me) to have resolved or at least massively improved the loading of the timeline when selecting playback. Previously this could take upward of 20 seconds on my system with M Series; it's now down to 4 or 5 seconds.

The inability to alter Smart Light Compensation on compatible cameras connected to M Series NVRs (on V5 firmware) remains so that may be down to the NVR firmware and not Hik-Connect specifically.

The inability to alter Smart Light Compensation on compatible cameras connected to M Series NVRs (on V5 firmware) remains so that may be down to the NVR firmware and not Hik-Connect specifically.
I'll raise this with UK Support again - our designated point of contact in there left and I'm starting to think it wasn't passed over!

I'll raise this with UK Support again - our designated point of contact in there left and I'm starting to think it wasn't passed over!
Thanks @Kyle. It's quite a key feature for the end user to be able to change the lighting mode at any time through the app. Otherwise they have to go into the configuration of the recorder.

Agreed! I've raised it again so will post the updates I get in the original thread discussing this, thanks for testing it on 6.2.51 :)

Update here:
Sorry for the delay all, our rep in Hikvision UK Support changed so I had to raise this again.

They've agreed that it is a bug and have passed it over to the R&D team.

I've been told that there will be a fix release soon, either via new V5 NVR firmware or a Hik-Connect update - I'll come back to confirm when that's out, unless one of you beat me to it!

Back