01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Hik-Connect "Loading Pictures Failed" for new cameras?

Ultrabeat22

Hi,

I have recently installed two new Hikvision cameras DS-2CD2387G2-LSU/SL and updated their firmware to V5.7.13 build 230403.

My NVR is a DS-7616NI-M2/16P running on firmware version V4.63.000 build 230412

My older camera models are as follows;
3 x DS-2CD2385G1-I on firmware V5.6.820 build 220519 (updated today)
1 x DS-2CD2185FWD-I on firmware V5.6.820 build 220519 (updated today)
1 x DS-2CD2H85G1-IZS on firmware V5.6.820 build 220519 (updated today)

I have today re-enabled all of my Events and for some reason the two new cameras are displaying the error message "loading pictures failed" instead of an image for the motion detection events. Note that everything works fine for the older cameras.

I have also tried to input the verification code when it asks for it. I do this and the box closes and nothing happens. I know the code is correct because 1) I have checked, and 2) when I input the wrong password it tells me it is wrong.

Does anyone have any idea what is causing this issue and why it is only affecting my two new cameras?

Thanks,
Ultra
IMG_076580037750-1.jpeg

Hi @Ultrabeat22 - this is a bug that I've already reported to Hikvision, and only seems to affect the G5 cameras running the more recent firmware versions when connected to the M-Series NVRs running the V4.61 or later firmware versions.

They've let me know that this should be fixed in future firmware releases.

The best workaround that we have found for now is to disable stream encryption on the NVR by going to:
Configuration→Network→Advanced Settings→Platform Access

This does let you view the event clips (but still doesn't always show the right image in the thumbnails).

Hi @Ultrabeat22 - this is a bug that I've already reported to Hikvision, and only seems to affect the G5 cameras running the more recent firmware versions when connected to the M-Series NVRs running the V4.61 or later firmware versions.

They've let me know that this should be fixed in future firmware releases.

The best workaround that we have found for now is to disable stream encryption on the NVR by going to:
Configuration→Network→Advanced Settings→Platform Access

This does let you view the event clips (but still doesn't always show the right image in the thumbnails).
Thanks @Kyle. Are Hikvision likely to communicate that the bug has been fixed in a new release or will I just have to hope for the best?

Back