01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Hik-Connect Android app is showing "Loading pictures failed" for doorbell snapshots?

pandyteam

Hi,
after recent update of my HikVision DS-KD8003-IME1/S to version V2.2.62 build 230204 and DS-KH6320-WTE1 to version V2.2.20 build 23061 I am unable to see snapshots of people who pressed the outdoor doorbell button. I can see the images in the indoor station (SD card works fine) but not in the HikConnect app (v5.3.2.0822). In the app, it says: "Loading pictures failed." when I try to see the picture. Is there some bug in latest firmware? Previously it worked fine but it stopped working after firmware update. I am getting notifications and calls into the app but I am unable to see the actual picture of the person who pressed the button. See screenshots.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230828_163613_Hik-Connect(1)(1).jpg
    Screenshot_20230828_163613_Hik-Connect(1)(1).jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 235
  • Screenshot_20230828_163608_Hik-Connect(1).jpg
    Screenshot_20230828_163608_Hik-Connect(1).jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 180
Hi @pandyteam

I've been looking into a similar problem with the event images on M-Series NVRs, so I think it may be a problem with how some firmware versions work with Hik-Connect.

Do you see the same problem both when connected to the same network as the intercom, and when your phone is connected to mobile data / a separate network?

Is every snapshot broken, or do some work?

If you roll back the firmware to these previous versions on both devices, do you still get the "loading pictures failed" error?

DS-KD8003-IME1/S - V2.2.56_Build 220713 Protocol 2.0
DS-KH6320-WTE1 - V2.2.12 Build230408 Protocol 2.0

Hi @Kyle,
I think I managed to pinpoint the issue. It's related somehow to the time setting on the DS-KD8003 device. NTP doesn't work on my KD8003 - I tried different servers but it will not sync for some reason (but NTP works fine on my KH6320). When I manually fixed the time it worked (I could see the recent picture in hikvision app after I hit door bell after updating the time) but the time will desynchronize in next days (a few minutes). Not sure how to fix this NTP synchronization issue.

Hi @pandyteam

Thanks for the update and well done for figuring that out!

I'm assuming your DS-KD8003 is connected to your LAN, rather than an NVR directly?

I'll set up our demo unit here with an SD card to test for the same problems as we might need to report it to Hikvision - which NTP servers did you test please?

I tried pool.ntp.org and time.windows.com. Yes, DS-KD8003 is connected to my LAN directly with static IP. I don't use NVR.
I have also tried setting option on my KH6320 - "Sync. time with door unit" but it doesn't work. Time is not synced on KD even when NTP works correctly on KH indoor station.

Thanks - we'll try and replicate the problem at our end and speak to Hikvision about if need be.

I've tested with our system and even with the time set manually and with NTP servers on both devices (DS-KD8003-IME1 and DS-KH8350-WTE1), and don't seem to get any pictures at all in Hik-Connect or on the indoor station!

I'm using a freshly formatted 32GB microSD card, so I'm not sure why I don't even get the 'loading pictures failed' error.

Their latest version of the app on Android is V6.0.157.1124, could you try with it updated to this version please?

Yes, I use the latest Android version as you stated. No change for me. Can you at least see pictures in the indoor station? Because that works for me.

@Kyle Weird thing is that my outdoor unit KD8003 time will go out of sync. I have hikvision cameras and they do not use even NTP and their time is correct where my outdoor unit is now +2 minutes out of sync for some reason. It will cumulate minutes in a few days. I am pretty sure that this is related to the issue with pictures not being uploaded or with wrong timestamp.

@Kyle is out of office until Monday 11th December.

I notice there is another new update to the Android Hik-Connect App - V6.0.158.1201 (4th December)

Hello.
I have same issue.

DS-KD8003-IME1(B) and DS-KH6320-WTE1

It was working well afer setup but I did firmware update and set NTP and after some time I realized it doesn't show any pictures in the app but only on the screen of indoor station. Maybe firmware or NTP may cause that...

@Kyle Any update on this? I am using the latest version of hik connect app V6.1.30.0118. This topic has around 3K+ views so I assume multiple people are having the same issue and searching for a solution.

Apologies @pandyteam - I was struggling to test/replicate the problem because if the network setup at our office.

Could you confirm that the issue is still there on V2.2.75 build 231213 of the DS-KD8003-IME1 please? As you say, you're using the latest firmware for the indoor station and version of the app.

If so, can you summarise the issue again and your findings regarding the time settings please, and I'll ask Hikvision for their advice?

I have DS-KD8003-IME1 but not (B) in the device name. Is the firmware still applicable to my device? I see only V2.2.62_Build 230204 Protocol 2.0 as latest version on the EU portal.

Summarization:
- unable to see pictures of people who rang the bell in the hikconnect app but I am able to see the snapshots inside indoor station.
- time is not synchronized with NTP when I set it to NTP server (tried multiple NTP servers).
- time will slowly get out of since day after day, for example the time on my KD device is ahead +8 minutes while month ago I set it correctly to the latest time using iVMS

Thanks, I'll pass this on to Hikvision.
V2.2.62 is the latest for your indoor station, apologies.
Just to confirm, did the pictures and NTP syncing work in the app before the update?

I'd try rebooting and unbinding the intercom system from your Hik-Connect account, and then adding it again via the serial number, just to rule it out (Hikvision will ask if you've tried this).

If you're able to try a hard reset too, this is always recommended with glitches that appear after firmware updates.

Which firmware for the (B) version are you seeing the same issue on please @8ik3r8?

If you're able to try a hard reset too, this is always recommended with glitches that appear after firmware updates.
How can I do it?

Just to confirm, did the pictures and NTP syncing work in the app before the update?
Yes, everything worked correctly with the initial firmware version (I did firmware upgrade for the first time for both indoor and outdoor station).

How can I do it?
You'll need to add both devices to iVMS-4200 so that you can access their config menus (click on their cog button found on the Device Management page).

Then, go to the Maintenance menu and use the Default reset option circled below.

If you like, you can export the existing config file for both the indoor and main door stations before you reset them, using the "export device parameters" button on the same page, and then import them again to restore all of the previous settings for both devices following the resets:

KD8003 default reset.png

Ok. I did Restore - Default on both outdoor and indoor station. Reimported exported settings. Rebooted. Set the time correctly (also tried NTP but it has like no effect when I set NTP - only changing Time zone will change hour but minutes are wrong.)

Check the photos of hikconnect app. Something weird happens and I had already observed this in the past. The recent call doesn't show the picture but the next call will update the previous thumbnail and show it. It doesn't always happen (I think only if the time is not too much out of sync).

(Black rectangles over pictures are for privacy reasons)

Attachments

• scr1.jpg
    scr1.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 82
  • scr2.jpg
    scr2.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 74
  • scr3.jpg
    scr3.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 80
Thanks for trying that, I'll take your summary of the problems to Hikvision and ask for their advice.

Hi!
I also have the same problem. I have:
* DS-KD8003-IME1(B), V2.2.75 build 231213
* DS-KH9510-WTE1(B), V2.26 build 230830
* iDS-7208HUHI-M1/E, V4.70.181 build 22062 (can't find newer upgrade?)
After upgrading and using the SD-card (additional 3 apps) - I can see the images in the indoor station (SD card works fine) but not in the HikConnect app (v6.1.30.0118).
Im asking for help!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240208_071957_Hik-Connect.jpg
    Screenshot_20240208_071957_Hik-Connect.jpg
    293.2 KB · Views: 62
Back