01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect hik connect notifications?

julian toon

hi a few months ago i installed a hik connect nvr with 2 cameras the system works fine with the app ,but notifications to the app have still not started working although all the settings we have on the app have been checked ,is there in the nvr a time server sync feature with the hikvision server that we have missed out or does ivms 4500 work on android phones (last option.)
so we decided to try the email notifications and then found out google stopped 2nd party apps in the google settings but we think we can sort that out with the third party verification which i read on the forum so we will try the email notifications but any comments would be appreciated .( i never have this problem with the ezi viz app)
regards
julian toon

Hi @julian toon

First of all, we definitely would not recommend using the 4500 app, this is now EOL and you will likely run into even more issues using this app.

In regards to app notifications, can you please send us screenshots of your smart event linkage method settings?

Can you also go into the NVR basic network settings and tell us what DNS servers the NVR is set to? If there are no DNS servers set can you please use the Google default servers --- Preferred DNS: 8.8.8.8 // Alternate DNS: 8.8.4.4

Back