01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

HIK-Connect on the iPhone - questions....

dbrewood

Centurion!
Trusted Member
Hi guys a couple of questions concerning HIK-Connect on the iPhone.

1) Download videos from the NVR

I don't think this is possible but I thought I'd post the question just in case I've missed something.....

On the iOS HIK-Connect app I want to search for a video portion and download it to the phone? e.g. video from 04/11/2022 14:55 to 04/11/2022 15:01. It does not seem to have that functionality and that you can only download any captured 'alert' videos.

I know I can do the search / download via the iVMS-4200 app on the Mac, but I find the app badly designed and cumbersome.... The web interface is considered useless as it does not show video.

There has to be an easy way of doing this.

2) Annoying alert counter

Since the last two updates of the app when looking at the notifications tab I typically see a headline count of 99+ with maybe 8 video event thumbnails shown. There seems no way to view all of the 99+ events which are in the top count. Toggling the various filters seems to do nothing.
I've even gone as far as deleting the app and reinstalling. It seems to make no difference. An example:

IMG_1235.jpeg

Thanks in advance.

Interesting I wasn't aware but they seem to match okay anyway:
Streams.jpg

Phew! :)

I'm wondering if I should review settings on the NVR itself at some point.

Upvote 0
Interesting I wasn't aware but they seem to match okay anyway:
View attachment 8499

Phew! :)

I'm wondering if I should review settings on the NVR itself at some point.
They should match up - it's rare that that a setting doesn't 'stick' when applied from the web GUI. You'll usually get a 'Device Error' or 'Setting Failed' pop up on the web page if there's an issue and it's worth checking locally if you see that.

Upvote 0
Yep I've seen that a few times, usually accompanied by the camera rebooting :)

Upvote 0
Back