01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Hik-connect playback jumping?

Ant5246

Can someone give some advice as to how I fix an issue with my hik-connect playback? Any motion detection alerts get stored in the event tab. When playing back some can range from 30 seconds to two minutes. When watching the footage it appears that it records prior to and after the motion detection but at the point of motion detection on the playback it freezes sometimes for a period of up to 20 seconds and jumps the frame. I’ve not been able to get back to the exact point the video is lost. Only happens on the hik-connect app playback, not on playback on the DVR.
It won’t let me upload the video so here is a link if anyone can review and advise.

I have also attached the settings my camera on it

Attachments

• C1AE332B-280F-42F3-9D14-D93C385AF25A.jpeg
    C1AE332B-280F-42F3-9D14-D93C385AF25A.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 1,022
There is a lot of wizardry happening in the background when you use HEVC (H265) encoding. More so when you use H265+. Multiple frames are referenced for encoding and this can create playback anomalies when reassembling the timeline with many software based apps. The DVR/NVR has the hardware capability to accomplish this with smooth playback but may struggle delivering footage based off the timeline if the app is not properly setup.
Few things to try:
Make sure the DVR and cameras are on the latest firmware.
Switch to H264 recording and see if playback improves.
Make sure the frame rate and I Frame fields match on the camera's webGUI, 12 and 12 in your case.
Check the cameras region/time settings match the DVR, use NTP to be sure.
The Hik-Connect app is not always set to the right time zone by default, check it is.

Hi Stewart thanks for the points going to try them shortly. Can you just confirm:

1. How I check the right time default via the hik connect app as I cannot find it anywhere

2. How I check the cameras region/time settings?

3. How to check the firmware on the cameras?

trying to enable NTP via the web app needs a server address. Any ideas on this?

On my DVR, ‘DST Mode’ isn’t selected as auto, should it be?

I recently updated firmware on an existing DVR and bricked it so somewhat reluctant to start exploring that field. This DVR is relatively new and I’ve a friend with the same set up as me who isn’t experiencing these issues.

the freeze only seems to be happening when an event is detected (motion etc) and jumps around 20 seconds.

Last edited:
Can anyone offer any advice on this? I’m not sure if it’s just happening on this one camera as doesn’t appear to be happening when playback on the others?

1. How I check the right time default via the hik connect app as I cannot find it anywhere
There used to be a setting for timezone but I'm struggling to find it on my app too. I'll look into it.

2. How I check the cameras region/time settings?
3. How to check the firmware on the cameras?

Please post your DVR and camera(s) model.

trying to enable NTP via the web app needs a server address. Any ideas on this?
Use: time.windows.com
Port: 123
Interval: 1440

On my DVR, ‘DST Mode’ isn’t selected as auto, should it be?

Check your DVR has the right time zone set and enabling Auto should be fine.

the freeze only seems to be happening when an event is detected (motion etc) and jumps around 20 seconds.
Knowing your DVR and camera models will help narrow the issue down. I suspect the issue lies with the H265+ codec you are using.

Am currently dealing with this issue also, any ideas on a fix. Literally happens only to 1 camera out of 8

Funnily enough I get this issue on one camera as well - the one at the front door. The recording on the NVR is fine, all the data is there, and it's a nice smooth video when I play it directly. When the postman comes up the path, it triggers a front door 'intrusion alert' - but when I watch back on the app he or she (depending on the day) freezes in frame at the path entrance, then re-appears as they leave. I have audio recording as well, and I can hear all the movement, but the images won't show in either 'event' playback from the notification, or if I try to do a standard video replay. I don't have the model numbers to hand. I've tried all kinds of settings and couldn't solve it, so in the end, knowing that it was fine on the NVR itself, I didn't worry about it. If it happens to be the same issue though it'll be interesting to see if there's a solution.

Funnily enough I get this issue on one camera as well - the one at the front door. The recording on the NVR is fine, all the data is there, and it's a nice smooth video when I play it directly. When the postman comes up the path, it triggers a front door 'intrusion alert' - but when I watch back on the app he or she (depending on the day) freezes in frame at the path entrance, then re-appears as they leave. I have audio recording as well, and I can hear all the movement, but the images won't show in either 'event' playback from the notification, or if I try to do a standard video replay. I don't have the model numbers to hand. I've tried all kinds of settings and couldn't solve it, so in the end, knowing that it was fine on the NVR itself, I didn't worry about it. If it happens to be the same issue though it'll be interesting to see if there's a solution.
You can find the NVR model name by logging at Hik-Connect website as admin, as I believe you are, or by adding Hik-Connect credentials into iVMS-4200. I believe you can also just access the interface and check that info by typing the local IP of the NVR if it's in the same LAN as your router/modem. It usually has .2 in the last octet, for example 192.168.1.2.

About the videos jumping time, I also have that issue with all 12 cams on my condo. I'm suspecting it might be because of H.265+ codec, I will switch some of them to H.264 and check whether recording is continuous or not.

I also have this issue, i have 8 Hikvision cameras and 1 of them fails to play back. When i get a notification of something like an intrusion it will not play. Have changed the codec to H.264 and the problem persists. I have previously reset all factory settings, moved cameras around etc. The problem continues on each of the cameras i plug into the same port on NVR

Any ideas on this one anyone, changed to firmware to older one and current one and still problem persists, again with every camera i try

Back