01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Hik-connect playback not working but pro connect does?

CCTVGUY99

I have about 60 NVR’s on my Hik connect end user account and have Hik connect pro also setup with the same devices linked as service.

The problem I have is I am noticing that some of my M series and K2’s all on the latest firmwares are not able to play back footage or clips in Hik connect end user but will play back fine via the portal or via Hik pro app?

This isn’t limited to my phone , I have tried it on others I have also changed the resolutions and disabled h266+ but to no avail

The cameras on 25 of the 60 NVRS are identical so I know this isn’t the issue.

It’s driving me crazy as it’s obviously a fault with hik connect end user but hik are their usual useless selves and refuse to see a problem.

has anyone else come across this ?

I'm discussing a similar problem with Hikvision and will post any updates I have here:

We haven't been able to replicate the problem on our NVRs yet.

Our feeling is that it relates to certain firmware and/or video settings - could you please let us know what models the identical cameras are and if they are all using V5.7.13 build 230706?

Are the video settings on the cameras similar, and can you share a screenshot from one if so, please?

I'm discussing a similar problem with Hikvision and will post any updates I have here:

We haven't been able to replicate the problem on our NVRs yet.

Our feeling is that it relates to certain firmware and/or video settings - could you please let us know what models the identical cameras are and if they are all using V5.7.13 build 230706?

Are the video settings on the cameras similar, and can you share a screenshot from one if so, please?
Hi Kyle,

So , i spoke with Hik support again today and it sems to be limited to Iphones on the latest build of IOS17 as it doesnt effect android phones.

We do have a work around although it is a pain, you need to completely remove the app from your iphone and reinstall it, so far this seems to have rectified the problem on all our engineers phones, i suspect it is due to the apps upgrade process on the iphone when the last build was released and didnt sufficiently overwrite the older version of Hik connect end user, rather just overwrote certain files.

I am not sure if this will re occur but completely deleteing and reinstalling the app so far has resolved the issue.

I hope this helps untill Hik fix the issue and release a new version of end user.

Thanks for sharing the temporary fix, I'll keep this in mind and ask the others seeing issues to try a fresh install of Hik-Connect :)

Back