01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Door Entry Hik-Vision 2 wire video intercom issues?

Leathers.123

Hi,
I been having several issues with a Hik-Vision 2 wire video door intercom system. It’s asks to set a password including letters, numbers and capitals but when u try to access the settings on the indoor station it will only allow me to insert numbers. Stopping me from accessing the settings.

Problem number 2 is even though I have a static IP address whenever the unit power cycles it’s changes the address even tho dhcp is turned off.

Problem number 3 is when using hik connect or via the nvr I can’t listen to the audio or talk through. Only time is when the door bell goes off and the app notification appears.
Any help would be great

Last edited:
Hi there,

What did you set up the camera password? Through SADP, iVMS or on the NVR when you set it up?

What are you trying to view the settings on? Where does it say DHCP is off? Can you show a screenshot of where you're struggling to put your password in?

If you haven't already got it, can you download the SADP tool and share screenshots of the network list and device settings in the tool?

I ran into this problem too. When you first booted up the unit it asked for a password. That password is the actual admin password. If you add the intercom to the IVMS-4200 client software you will use that password.

This intercom also has a local programming password. The default local password is 888999. Once you enter the default local password 888999 you can change the local password to any numerical password you want.

Question 3:
This intercom is not capable of initiating 2 way audio via the Hik-Connect app. Meaning you cannot turn the microphone from the app.

The only function you can get from the door station without the doorbell being pushed is activation of the camera. You can activate the camera and take snapshots and videos of what the camera sees. These videos have no audio.

Back