01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Hikvision App "Device offline"?

Ollie

I'm getting a strange conflict. The app shows the device as offline on the phone, Ipad and door station. However, the device is very much online after logging into it through chrome, it is also still picking up and recording events, which are viewable within the hikvision app!!

I'm getting a strange conflict. The app shows the device as offline on the phone, Ipad and door station. However, the device is very much online after logging into it through chrome, it is also still picking up and recording events, which are viewable within the hikvision app!!
I also had this issue today
Log out and Log in again solved the issue.
But there no Notifications anymore.
Uninstalled Hik-Connect, re-installed but issue remains. No Notifications at all.

I managed to sort it out. For some reason, my gateway IP had appeared in the DNS address!! Very strange. Set it back to the normal Google 8.8.8.8 and it's working fine. I had an issue with the notifications last week, very strange, I had to delete all events and set them all back up again, now working fine though!

My NVR is using the Gateway IP as primary DNS when in auto. It works OK with that.
By using 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 it does not connect to litedev.eu.hik-connect.com
I don't know why it is the opposite.

My NVR is using the Gateway IP as primary DNS when in auto. It works OK with that.
By using 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 it does not connect to litedev.eu.hik-connect.com
I don't know why it is the opposite.
That sounds very odd!!

I don't know if I have to add 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 also on my router preferred and alternate DNS or I simply have to reboot and wait 15 to 30 minutes as seemed yesterday.

Attachments

• dns.png
    dns.png
    43.6 KB · Views: 46
Back