01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Door Entry Hikvision Doorbell/Intercom & Hikconnect

Maine

Hi all,

I am looking to add a doorbell/intercom (Hikvision DS-KD8003-IME1 and suitable indoor station) to my existing system (NVR and cameras) and would be grateful of some advice or reassurance on the compatibility with Hikconnect.

I have hikconnect on my Iphone and connect to my existing NVR via the local method (IP) as i do not trust or want to use the Hikconnect service, however, would anyone know whether I can also add a video doorbell to Hikconnect using the IP and still have all of the same function as if it was connected to Hikconnect service?

The important thing is that when the doorbell is activated I still receive the notification and it rings in Hikconnect app to then allow two way audio. I appreciate that this would only work whilst on the LAN and I connect to a VPN when not on the LAN.

A bonus question, would anyone give any advice on whether the DS-KD8003-IME1 is a good option or whether the DS-KIS603-P is just as good. I was of the feeling that the DS-KD8003-IME1 is more premium and appears to be more durable, buit if there is any difference in features then keen to hear. There is also a wider field of view for the DS-KD8003-IME1. Is there any planned new models coming soon that anyone is aware of?

Many thanks in advance.

Hi @Maine,

Unfortunately, you can only receive notifications (and I presume calls) when the doorbell has been added via serial number or QR code and is using Hikvision's servers, which Hikvision confirm here:

View attachment 7751

The main difference between the two doorbells you mention is that the DS-KD8003-IME1 is a part of the modular intercom range, meaning you can add these separate modules (e.g. a keypad) to it and customise the housing:

The DS-KV6113-WPE1, which comes with the DS-KIS603-P kit is the more cost-effective option as it only has a call button and card reader built into it and does not give the option to connect extra modules.

Apart from that, there's not a lot of difference between them in spec and people usually find the DS-KV6113-WPE1 to be adequate for residential installations.

Upvote 0
Hi, thanks for the reply.

I was aware that I cannot recieve notifications as i do not currently from my NVR, however, I was hoping that I would still receive the calls if using IP connection.

Does anyone know for sure or able to test for me? If I cannot recieve calls and do two way audio via hikconnect using IP connection then this is a deal breaker as do not want to connect to Hikconnect servers.

Thanks

Upvote 0
Back