01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

hikvision DS-7208HUHI-K1 DVR Suddenly stopped working after 2 Years?

HA_UK

Hi

I am new to this forum and glad to be part of the community, this is my very first post. I have spent some time recently trying to find some troubleshooting guides/steps for HIK cameras and DVRs, mine suddenly stopped working and now display a 'NO VIDEO' message for all the cameras.

I have 5 cameras hooked up to my DVR and for nearly 2 years i've never had an issue. About 2 days before they stopped working I had made some changes so that motion detection would be marked on the playback timeline, ( I don't think this should have caused them to stop working but thought i would mention it just in case)

I have tried leaving DVR off and disconnected from the power for an hour and restarting but no joy, i've disconnected and reconnected the cameras from the various ports, this did not change the end result either.

Im not able to login because i don't know the admin password and the installer is not contactable. having looked through previous posts on this DVR on these forums, i can see that i can do a hard reset to set a new password, but because i'm a complete novice when it comes to these DVRs and Camera's I'm worried that I won't be able to set them back up again properly, Is the setup straight forward? or am i best leaving it completely alone?

Could a hard reset fix this issue? Has any one come across anything similar? I saw on a youtube video one guy say that it was the power supply being faulty which prevented the video from being shown, he also had a HIK DVR but an older model.

Any advice/pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

Hi

I am new to this forum and glad to be part of the community, this is my very first post. I have spent some time recently trying to find some troubleshooting guides/steps for HIK cameras and DVRs, mine suddenly stopped working and now display a 'NO VIDEO' message for all the cameras.

I have 5 cameras hooked up to my DVR and for nearly 2 years i've never had an issue. About 2 days before they stopped working I had made some changes so that motion detection would be marked on the playback timeline, ( I don't think this should have caused them to stop working but thought i would mention it just in case)

I have tried leaving DVR off and disconnected from the power for an hour and restarting but no joy, i've disconnected and reconnected the cameras from the various ports, this did not change the end result either.

Im not able to login because i don't know the admin password and the installer is not contactable. having looked through previous posts on this DVR on these forums, i can see that i can do a hard reset to set a new password, but because i'm a complete novice when it comes to these DVRs and Camera's I'm worried that I won't be able to set them back up again properly, Is the setup straight forward? or am i best leaving it completely alone?

Could a hard reset fix this issue? Has any one come across anything similar? I saw on a youtube video one guy say that it was the power supply being faulty which prevented the video from being shown, he also had a HIK DVR but an older model.

Any advice/pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you
It's very difficult to say what could be wrong. I would do nothing with the DVR initially and would be looking at the power to the cameras. Unless your number ends with /P - it is not PoC (Power over Coax) so the cameras are powered from a separate 12V DC supply. As all 4 are not displaying I'd take a stab in the dark that they are all fed from the same 12V DC supply and that it has failed. Find that supply (not the DVR supply) and test that first.

Last edited:
It's very difficult to say what could be wrong. I would do nothing with the DVR initially and would be looking at the power to the cameras. Unless your number ends with /P - it is not PoC (Power over Coax) so the cameras are powered from a separate 12V DC supply. As all 4 are not displaying I'd take a stab in the dark that they are all fed from the same 12V DC supply and that it has failed. Find that supply (not the DVR supply) and test that first.
Just want to say thank you for taking the time out to respond to my question and give me some pointers. You were spot on they are powered separately and when i found their power supply i found it was disconnected. as soon as i plugged it back in all the cameras are back up and running! you saved me a lot of headache and heartache that's for sure, and also made me feel like a complete fool at the same time! :D

Just want to say thank you for taking the time out to respond to my question and give me some pointers. You were spot on they are powered separately and when i found their power supply i found it was disconnected. as soon as i plugged it back in all the cameras are back up and running! you saved me a lot of headache and heartache that's for sure, and also made me feel like a complete fool at the same time! :D
No problem glad you fixed it. It's easy to condemn the system only to find someone pulled knocked out a plug.

Back