01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

HikVision EasyIP 3.0 Cameras - new V5.5.3 (G1 Series cameras)

Phil

Administrator
Staff member
Trusted Member
Just one week after the release of V5.5.2 there is a new V5.5.3 version:
DOWNLOAD PORTAL

The Release Notes for this new firmware are below.

There does not seem to be any security issue fixes associated with this update.
It refers to additional new models, but mainly the release notes text discusses compatibility tests.

NB the mysterious NEU version does not show with this V5.5.3 update.
There is currently only an 'EN-STD' version = English Standard.
No 'ML-STD' = MultiLanguage Standard version showing currently.

NB
Superseded by V5.5.4:
https://forum.use-ip.co.uk/threads/hikvision-easyip-3-0-cameras-new-v5-5-4-g1-series-cameras.1725/

Attachments

• Firmware V5.5.3 Release Note-External.pdf
    516.1 KB · Views: 1,580
Last edited:
I think I have found a possible bug with this V5.5.3 firmware on a DS-2CD2185FWD-I. When changing the OSD name of the camera the Sub Stream OSD font size goes really big. Even after doing a full factory reset on the camera the font on the sub-stream is still huge. Downgraded the firmware to V5.5.0 and the problem has gone away.

Hi, I'm not seeing this.
You might just be seeing the OSD scaled-up?
Your sub-stream image is probably pretty small by default - select the '1X' full-size view at the bottom left of your screen.

OSD on sub-stream on V5.5.3 22-12-17.png

No I don't think this was the cause. The sub stream OSD was massive, the time and date was right across the top of the screen and the name was cut off on the bottom right. I viewed it from the NVR, the iVMS-4500HD android app, Internet Explorer and the iVMS-4200 Client and was the same on all of them. Other cameras on the same NVR using different firmware were unaffected.

Log onto your camera while it is connected to the NVR and change the OSD in the camera menu not from the OSD menu in the NVR and see if it happens for you.

I've tried this on a brand new out of the box camera today. Not connected to an NVR just connecting to the camera directly. As soon as I changed the OSD date format to DD-MM-YY the sub-stream font went big. Even after doing a factory reset (from the menu not the onboard switch) the font remained large. I will have to downgrade to V5.5.0 in order to return the font to original size.

Attachments

• Large Font1.jpg
    Large Font1.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 421
  • Large Font3.jpg
    Large Font3.jpg
    257.4 KB · Views: 571
I'm sorry, I can't replicate this.
The below attached is the sub-stream from a 2385 turret running V5.5.3.

Attachments

• sub-stream OSD 5-1-17.png
    sub-stream OSD 5-1-17.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 611
There is a setting from memory in the camera config to change the font size.

Once the OSD goes large nothing will reset it even a reset to factory default. If I downgrade the firmware the problem goes away.

All 8 of my 2385 cameras on 5.5.3 and about half have a large OSD and the others have normal size.

I tested 5.5.4 to see if that solved the problem and even after upgrade it still had large text. It broke the live view though so I downgraded back to 5.5.3 and now it has normal size font??

Hard to know how to fix it with such inconsistent results.

Back