01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision help required

Loftus

Hi all

I have two Wi-Fi enabled hikvision cameras, a mini ptz DS-2DE3A404IW-DE-W and a cube DS-2CD2443G0-IW. They are both used Wi-Fi only due to not being able to get a POE to them very easily and they both work great, I had no trouble installing them and getting them working even though I’m not a professional.

I recently bought another ptz DS-2DE3A400BW-DE-W, this too I installed and works great via Wi-Fi. The issue I’m having is that I cannot get it to show online and therefore can’t view the camera on my iPhone, I have looked and all the settings and compared them to my other cameras and all seems the same.

I’m at a loss and can’t fiqure out what the problem is, an anybody help with this please??

Cheers

Hi David
thanks for your reply, yes I can view everything on the camera via pc/iPad/iPhone as long as I’m using the same Wi-Fi network i.e in the house. when I’m out and about I cannot connect to the new camera via the mobile network although the two original cameras are fine and I can still view them via the mobile network. I don’t use a dvr just straight connection to the camera

Hi David
thanks for your reply, yes I can view everything on the camera via pc/iPad/iPhone as long as I’m using the same Wi-Fi network i.e in the house. when I’m out and about I cannot connect to the new camera via the mobile network although the two original cameras are fine and I can still view them via the mobile network. I don’t use a dvr just straight connection to the camera
Hi Loftus,
Which app are you using on your iPhone?
For the 2 cameras that work remotely, did you setup port forwarding rules on your router?

Hi David

I use the Hik-connect app, the two working cameras didn’t need anything changing as they worked straight away.

the app says the camera is offline as does the web browser when I connect via SADP

I am not very familiar with the Hikconnect app.
On the new camera did you setup the Hikconnect platform and add the camera to your hikconnect account?

Pretty sure it’s nothing to do with the app, platform access shows offline when the other two cameras show online and whatever I do I can’t get it to change to online

platform access shows offline when the other two cameras show online and whatever I do I can’t get it to change to online
Hi @Loftus

Are the DNS servers set on the camera that will not go online?... compare to the cameras that are working.

Pretty sure it’s nothing to do with the app, platform access shows offline when the other two cameras show online and whatever I do I can’t get it to change to online
On your router do the working cameras have port forwarding rules setup or do you use upnp (not recommended)?

Use the web browser on a local network and log into the camera's web GUI...

Go to Configuration/Network/Basic Settings/TCP/IP and make sure the IP4 Default gateway is set to your router address and the two DNS servers are set... I think it's best if one of the DNS servers is 8.8.8.8 (I think it is a google DNS server but that's the one I've seen others recommend).

(If DHCP is checked on then you need to configure the DHCP server to set everything correctly or turn it off and set everything up manually.)

The camera may want to reboot if you need to change those settings... then go to Configuration/Network/Advanced Settings/Platform access... you probably already are familiar with those settings already, or you can compare the settings to your working cameras.

As @David states, you should not need to use UPnP and it's best if you don't! If you need to have NAT enabled on your router, it probably already is as the other cameras are working.

Use the web browser on a local network and log into the camera's web GUI...

Go to Configuration/Network/Basic Settings/TCP/IP and make sure the IP4 Default gateway is set to your router address and the two DNS servers are set... I think it's best if one of the DNS servers is 8.8.8.8 (I think it is a google DNS server but that's the one I've seen others recommend).

(If DHCP is checked on then you need to configure the DHCP server to set everything correctly or turn it off and set everything up manually.)

The camera may want to reboot if you need to change those settings... then go to Configuration/Network/Advanced Settings/Platform access... you probably already are familiar with those settings already, or you can compare the settings to your working cameras.

As @David states, you should not need to use UPnP and it's best if you don't! If you need to have NAT enabled on your router, it probably already is as the other cameras are working.
Hi John

I have already tried that route but with no luck, I’m looking now and have just noticed that the ipv4 subnet mask on the two working cameras are the same digits but the non working one is different could this be the problem and if so how do I change it??

Most of the time the subnet mask is 255.255.255.0... is that what it is on the working cameras?

I assume you are looking at the subnet mask in the web GUI on the camera... just change it right there and hit save?

Hi John

I have already tried that route but with no luck, I’m looking now and have just noticed that the ipv4 subnet mask on the two working cameras are the same digits but the non working one is different could this be the problem and if so how do I change it??
Just changed it and no difference still offline

Most of the time the subnet mask is 255.255.255.0... is that what it is on the working cameras?

I assume you are looking at the subnet mask in the web GUI on the camera... just change it right there and hit save?
The new camera was indeed 255.255.255.0 but the working ones are 255.255.0.0

Can you temporarily plug the camera into the local network with an ethernet cable? (Does not need to be a PoE port if you keep the power supply plugged into the camera)

I'm not sure if this would accomplish anything but I know some of the Hikvision PTZs won't work with Hik-connect if they are connected using Wi-Fi. Notice the note in this link to firmware for the R7 series cameras:

What is the "Firmware Version Property" for your camera and what firmware is loaded? (Both found under Configuration/System/System Settings/Basic Information)

Port forwarding
Send a screenshot of your router port forwarding rules screen. Edit out any IPv4 address that does not start with 192.168.nnn.nnn.

but the working ones are 255.255.0.0
Is there any reason why your subnet mask is 255.255.0.0?

It is important to avoid possible IP address conflicts on your LAN, are you assigning fixed IP addresses to your cameras that are within the IPv4 address range of your DHCP server? Post a screenshot of your router LAN IPv4 and DHCP server config.

Reset both, and start over :p
( I had to do that recently to get HikConnect working again )

Back