01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Hikvision IOS app update V6.2.1 - "No video in the selected range"?

mark1122

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone could answer the below.

I have just updated the Hikvision app 6.2.1 and when I click on playback it says "No video in the selected range" I have looked on the DVR and recordings are there, I have checked on the previous app version on the iPad and its there just not on the new release on my iPhone, any suggestions??

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone could answer the below.

I have just updated the Hikvision app 6.2.1 and when I click on playback it says "No video in the selected range" I have looked on the DVR and recordings are there, I have checked on the previous app version on the iPad and its there just not on the new release on my iPhone, any suggestions??
same here, it must be a bug with the app

I just upgraded my iPhone to Hik-Connect 6.2.1 also... not seeing the "No video in the selected range" error on playback you guys are getting.

My NVR is DS-7616NI-M2/16P... since I'm not seeing the error and you both are, I suspect you have other NVR's that may be similar to each other?

Although I'm not getting same error, Hik-Connect playback has been become "choppy" for myself and other M series NVR users since the release of the latest M series firmware last month as reported in this thread...

Latest HikVision Firmware for M-Series NVRs (with 5.0 GUI) - V5.01.060_240110

What is odd is the notifications are coming through as normal however when you click on playback for each clip it also gives the same error. Is there anyone at Hikvision we can report it too?? I sent a report yesterday via App store but it says china will have no support given its chinese new year.

I think it's usually difficult for end users to reach Hikvision for support even when there aren't holidays... that's a good idea to send a report via the app store...

Hopefully there will be a new release to fix the issue soon.

@mark1122 and @Alex69 (and anybody else who is seeing this issue), can you please confirm the model number of your NVR / DVR and what firmware version it is currently running?
Thanks

Interesting, same series as @johnfitzy but he has upgraded to latest firmware and is not seeing the issue with the latest IOS App.

To be clear, I would NOT recommend that you update your M-series NVR firmware to V5 GUI yet - see thread that John linked to at #3

Interesting, same series as @johnfitzy but he has upgraded to latest firmware and is not seeing the issue with the latest IOS App.

To be clear, I would NOT recommend that you update your M-series NVR firmware to V5 GUI yet - see thread that John linked to at #3
Yes I have seen that post so will hold off for now.

I just upgraded my iPhone to Hik-Connect 6.2.1 also... not seeing the "No video in the selected range" error on playback you guys are getting.

My NVR is DS-7616NI-M2/16P... since I'm not seeing the error and you both are, I suspect you have other NVR's that may be similar to each other?

Although I'm not getting same error, Hik-Connect playback has been become "choppy" for myself and other M series NVR users since the release of the latest M series firmware last month as reported in this thread...

Latest HikVision Firmware for M-Series NVRs (with 5.0 GUI) - V5.01.060_240110
My NVR is the same as yours. Generaly I am not very happy with these NVR & cameras ( DS-2CD2387G2), time to time they keep missing recording intruders. They are not that cheap either. Looking for more professional cameras, any suggestions?

There was a bug an earlier M-Series firmware which disabling stream encryption on the NVR fixed temporarily - do you have encryption enabled (on the Platform Access page)?

DS-7608NI-M2/8P
V4.61.420
EDIT - I've found V4.63.020 saved on my PC, which was the very last version we tested before the V5 firmware was released.

For some reason, this has been removed from the UK portal, but it fixed a lot of the Hik-Connect bugs (including the one I mention above).
The EU portal does have V4.63.010, which may be slightly better in the app.

I'm going to test with V4.63.020 and the earlier versions today, and I'll come back to confirm if this is the best to use (with a download link if it is).

Last edited:
Looking for more professional cameras, any suggestions?

Perhaps 'Watch' this thread - Best alternative to Hikvision?

As per the thread's title we are trying to keep-up with new launches and suggest viable (read affordable) alternatives.

Hikvision still offer fantastic value for money.
However, I am sensing a greater pushback recently.

Launching poorly tested firmware just before a major National holiday (Chinese New Year) has not been their smartest move to-date!! :(

My NVR is the same as yours. Generaly I am not very happy with these NVR & cameras ( DS-2CD2387G2), time to time they keep missing recording intruders. They are not that cheap either. Looking for more professional cameras, any suggestions?

Despite the recent issues with the new M series firmware, I'm sticking with Hikvision... The performance of the M series NVR has been great, and the new GUI does have some nice new features/improvements...most important to me is that there isn't a newer M series hardware revision required to run the new firmware which probably would have made these NVRs EOL!

I'm sure this varies depending on usage... I'm an end user and it's a bit of a hobby in winter months so it's easy to work around problems and wait for fixes... at the other end of the spectrum would be a professional installer...I'd imagine issues like choppy remote playback (even temporarily) might force an installer/seller to seek alternative solutions.

I'm going to test with V4.63.020 and the earlier versions today, and I'll come back to confirm if this is the best to use (with a download link if it is).
So, halfway through testing, our demo M-Series was blacklisted - presumably because I was installing older firmware and defaulting the unit.

It's far from ideal, but I've been told that only Hikvision's HQ can take it off the blacklist, and that I need to wait for them to reopen after Chinese New Year for this on the 19th February.

Sorry, I've had a moan to UK Support, but it looks like I'm stuck until then...

With regards to rolling back firmware and hard-resetting your NVRs, I'd proceed with caution for the next couple of weeks, in case the same thing happens to you - support from Hikvision is going to be very limited while their HQ is closed.

FWIW I remembered that V4.61.420 (the latest V4 firmware on the UK portal) was a very old and buggy release from early last year.
V4.63.010 should definitely be better, which is available on the EU portal.

I’ve been trawling the web looking for a solution to the very same problem! Recently upgraded my iPhone 13 Pro Max to a 15 pro max and after updating the app, that’s when the problem started…funny thing is everything works fine on the 13 but can not view notifications or watch ‘playback' on the 15! Both phones are both up to date, the app on the 15 is 6.2.1 but the app on the 13 won’t update now, despite accidentally tapping “update” last night. I’ve done the usual log in/out, deleted the app and reinstalled it and rebooted the phone….no change! As shown in the image, notice the date….why it is showing that I have no idea but when I tap it, the app crashes! Needless to say, I won’t be updating anything else until this is fixed. In the meantime if I manage to figure something out, I’ll be back

Thanks , Neil

IMG_0080.png

I’ve been trawling the web looking for a solution to the very same problem! Recently upgraded my iPhone 13 Pro Max to a 15 pro max and after updating the app, that’s when the problem started…funny thing is everything works fine on the 13 but can not view notifications or watch ‘playback' on the 15! Both phones are both up to date, the app on the 15 is 6.2.1 but the app on the 13 won’t update now, despite accidentally tapping “update” last night. I’ve done the usual log in/out, deleted the app and reinstalled it and rebooted the phone….no change! As shown in the image, notice the date….why it is showing that I have no idea but when I tap it, the app crashes! Needless to say, I won’t be updating anything else until this is fixed. In the meantime if I manage to figure something out, I’ll be back

Thanks , Neil

View attachment 10562
Hi Neil, Thought I would let you know I am running the iPhone 15 Pro Max and everything is working fine with the App 6.2.1

The only issue I have is the "BUG" already spoken about with the jerky playback but it actually works.

Attachments

• Hik.jpg
    Hik.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 87
  • Hik-1.jpg
    Hik-1.jpg
    591.6 KB · Views: 84
  • Hik-2.jpg
    Hik-2.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 87
Hi Busterboy….occasionally suffer with the jerky playback but i guess that’s to do with the distance between my router and the DVR….thats in the loft while the router is in the lounge, about 50' away! If the problem isn’t sorted before we go away for a few days, I’ll have to put the sim back in the 13

Hi Neil, Thought I would let you know I am running the iPhone 15 Pro Max and everything is working fine with the App 6.2.1

The only issue I have is the "BUG" already spoken about with the jerky playback but it actually works.

Hi @busterboy ... I see on another thread you have upgraded your M-series NVR to the latest 5.0 firmware.

It seems like...
If you run the latest M-series firmware and Hik-connect 6.2.1, things work but there is the jerky playback.
If you don't upgrade to the latest M-series firmware, Hik-connect 6.2.1 gives this "No video in the selected range" error.

Hi @Neil_H ... what NVR do you have... which firmware?

Gentlemen…..please excuse my late replies, I work nights (lgv driver) and it’s easier for my oldish eyes to view on an iPad than an iPhone!
@johnfitzy….is this any help? Other than that, I have no idea what box it is as I never purchased the system myself, it was a friend of the families brother who works for a local alarm company…up until this last update it’s performed perfectly and to cap it all, my old iPhone decided it would automatically update the app so now I only have it on my iPad!

Attachments

• IMG_0081.png
    IMG_0081.png
    242.4 KB · Views: 109
Back