01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision ipcam - Downloaded footage is not available?

c.steve

Hi Everyone!

I m trying to download some footage from two Hikvision Ip-cameras, though the network, using Microsoft Edge in compatibility mode. I already tried to tinker around the settings, but without any luck. The footage seems to be saved on the pc, but the directory is simply not created. I disabled the built in windows defender, changed the local setting in cameras settings, changed the protocol, file size, save location, ran the browser as Administrator, etc... but since Internet explorer is not supported, and i m forced to use Edge, this feature simply does not work.

Does anyone have any solution for this type of problem? Each camera saves the footage locally on it s micro sd-card.

2023-06-22 08.43.15.jpg
2023-06-22 08.44.41.jpg
2023-06-22 08.44.50.jpg
2023-06-22 08.44.51.jpg
2023-06-22 08.44.58.jpg
View attachment 9421
2023-06-22 08.48.58.jpg

Try running Edge as an Administrator.
Right-click on the icon you use to start Edge and select Run as Admin

Edge needs Admin Rights to create files.

Try running Edge as an Administrator.
Right-click on the icon you use to start Edge and select Run as Admin

Edge needs Admin Rights to create files.
Already tried that, the download won t even start if i don t run it as administrator

Do you see any fleeting error message?
Typically at the bottom right of your screen.

Do you see any fleeting error message?
Typically at the bottom right of your screen.
No, i even get a download successful message in the bottom right corner, as the attached pictures show.

What's the camera model please?
And what firmware version is it currently running?
(apologies for not properly reading the info you provided / scanning the images first ~ busy peeps)

What's the camera model please?
And what firmware version is it currently running?
(apologies for not properly reading the info you provided / scanning the images first ~ busy peeps)
Model DS-2CD2141G1-IDW1
Firmware: V5.5.88 build 200610

Looks like the Edge compatibility is the issue. On windows 10 v22H2, the edge won t save it onto the disk, but on another device which runs windows 10 v1809 , which runs internet explorer, the footage did get saved onto the disk.... Is there a way to open a ticket at hikvision ?

Hi @c.steve, I was speaking to a customer about the same issue and the fix was to go to Internet Options > Security [tab] > Trusted Sites in Edge, and then add the IP address of the camera.

As soon as they did that, the files started saving again - does that resolve it for you too?

EDIT - when looking on the latest version of Edge, I think this setting is in Privacy, search and services > Enhanced Security:

DPFWoCKk2I.png

Last edited:
Hi @c.steve, I was speaking to a customer about the same issue and the fix was to go to Internet Options > Security [tab] > Trusted Sites in Edge, and then add the IP address of the camera.

As soon as they did that, the files started saving again - does that resolve it for you too?

EDIT - when looking on the latest version of Edge, I think this setting is in Privacy, search and services > Enhanced Security:

View attachment 9425
Unfortunately this not helped. the problem still persist.

Thanks for letting me know, I think it is probably a compatibility issue with Edge and your camera, as you say, as the customer I mentioned got it working with a slightly newer model.

You could try using Chrome and IETab?

Or, iVMS-4200 should work:

Chrome with Internet explorer extension doesn t seem to work also. What is ivms? I am not familiar with this , is this some sort of nvr software virtualization?

iVMS-4200 is Hikvision's [FREE] software for managing their security products on a PC (there's a Mac version also):

Back